Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that there was a thread on this guy at one time,but I can't find much info on it.I do know that his daddy (RIP) WAS 2' long and ate about $600 in zoas before I found him.

march07_068.jpg

march07_066.jpg

march07_058.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one I think it is called a eunicid worm( dont shoot me for bad spelling ) Mine munched on ricordias and zoas and with a vengeance. I was wondering why my zoas and rics were looking so bad and just happened to catch him in the act. They get massive from what i understand, multiple feet long. Good thing you caught it now.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son was cleaning the tank and picked up a rock to move it and it crawled out of a hole in the rock. He sounded like a girl when he pulled the rock out and dropped it in front of the tank. I don't blame him I do not want to touch that thing myself.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son was cleaning the tank and picked up a rock to move it and it crawled out of a hole in the rock. He sounded like a girl when he pulled the rock out and dropped it in front of the tank. I don't blame him I do not want to touch that thing myself.

dang, lucky catch!! you had no clue about it until then?

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is all. Just like the last one we got it would make a home with all the rock and discs that my zoas was on. I think they came in on some Tonga rock last year and grew into what they are now. I am starting to catch on that if you see your disks moved and some zoas are missing on them that there is a good chance you have them. I knew he was there but could not find him till today.

I guess I could try the bottle trick and bait it with some Pyros. It seems to like the same ones I do. They have not killed brown zoa yet.

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jocoxVT

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost two clams dont know if I can blame it on him or not since I never saw him go after it. I lost a colony of Armor of Gods but was capable of restocking them from my frag tank. I never saw my guy go after anything so I cant really blame it on him but when i saw him I knew I had to get him out b/c i had remembered seeing the piece on them on Steve Weasts tank that bad boy was over 7 feet long.

I tried to bait him with food out but he never came for it so I had to tear down half my tank b/c he of course was in the bottom rock

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 1st one I found he ate 3 ORA clams in 5 day but never seen him do it but as soon as he was gone I did not have any more die.He would leave nothing but the shell.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 1st one I found he ate 3 ORA clams in 5 day but never seen him do it but as soon as he was gone I did not have any more die.He would leave nothing but the shell.

they must have a natural predator in the wild to prevent them from getting THAT big and that aggressive towards reef dwelling animals.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back