Zoa Eating Nudibranch Aquarium; Has anyone done it?

BRS

Northwest_Scapes_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a while ago seeing a post of someone saying they had a Zoa Eating Nudi problem and it had a pic of a Nudi that must've eaten a Purple Monster it was right next to. It was all purple and green. Now this pic from Michael Vargas of a nudi that ate some Rastas got me thinking: Has anyone tried a Pico for just Zoa Eating Nudis? Just throw in different zoa morphs and see what they look like after eating? I feel like it could be super cool but get pricey depending on what you want to experiment with.
It's an idea I might try in the future. It's just a matter of population control so you don't have an explosion nor lose them all at once

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Renaissance corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a while ago seeing a post of someone saying they had a Zoa Eating Nudi problem and it had a pic of a Nudi that must've eaten a Purple Monster it was right next to. It was all purple and green. Now this pic from Michael Vargas of a nudi that ate some Rastas got me thinking: Has anyone tried a Pico for just Zoa Eating Nudis? Just throw in different zoa morphs and see what they look like after eating? I feel like it could be super cool but get pricey depending on what you want to experiment with.
It's an idea I might try in the future. It's just a matter of population control so you don't have an explosion nor lose them all at once
Go for it and keep us updated. Really does sound like an artistic experiment.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it and keep us updated. Really does sound like an artistic experiment.
I think im going to after I get my NPS Tank going haha
I spoke to a friend who knows a lot about nudis. He says he doesn't know how long they keep the color (perhaps something I can document?) But says to go for it too.
If the Population gets out of control, I'll just feed a majority to my pink streaked wrasse lol
And I could probably ask an LFS or local hobbyists if they find any to send them my way. There's so many cheap zoa morphs out there or ones that you could find for a good deal, might as well try. The curiosity is taking control

Renaissance corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im going to after I get my NPS Tank going haha
I spoke to a friend who knows a lot about nudis. He says he doesn't know how long they keep the color (perhaps something I can document?) But says to go for it too.
If the Population gets out of control, I'll just feed a majority to my pink streaked wrasse lol
And I could probably ask an LFS or local hobbyists if they find any to send them my way. There's so many cheap zoa morphs out there or ones that you could find for a good deal, might as well try. The curiosity is taking control
My camera and yellow lens really doesn't do it justice. But I'd love to see the result of eating one of these

Attachments

• PXL_20230212_015915050.jpg
    PXL_20230212_015915050.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 12
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back