Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some new zoos from a online vendor and unfortunatly I have a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of 1/4" size nudibrachs eating my zoos, they are black to brown in color. I have tried getting them out like crazy. I have 25 in a bucket over the last two days and all my zoos in my frag tank are closed.

Other than dipping each one in fresh water and crossing my fingers - is there a predator wrasse or something I can put in the tank to get rid of these pests.

I am afraid there going to wipe me out completely... HELP !

Thanks in advance

mbunaman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once recieved a colony with the spiders. I had that colony isolated and did a FW dip with lugols and they seemed to surface to the top. I then used a tweezer and plucked them out. I took me about two weeks to verify everything was removed. If you see any dieoff scrape it off because it may contain eggs. To me this is the hardest pest we face for zoanthids. Good Luck keep us posted!!!!!

weimers75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard of zoa pox? From what I've read that is the toughest!

I found a few of these once a year or so ago, and was just religious about pulling them out when I saw them. I only had a few, but it worked - I haven't seen any in a year (fingers crossed) :)

OP
OP
cobraz

cobraz

Zoo Hunter
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your best bet is the saltwater/iodine dips if you need to dip everything. Good luck, let us know what works and what doesn't for you so others can learn from your experiences as well.

Will do - Fresh water dip with hydrogen Peroxide, which I heard works very good 1/10 ratio in fresh ro water.

OP
OP
cobraz

cobraz

Zoo Hunter
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, all dipped last night - only found one more Nudi... so looks like the infest was very small. The zoos in question were from an on-line vender and the nudi can from that zoo colony. We keep an eye out for a few weeks at dusk and at dawn to see if these little guys are completely gone or crusin in the dark. I picked up a red lense flash light to make it really easy to see these guys.

All the zoos are fully opened this morning and are starting to look better.

Thanks all for the suggestions.. we update this soon.
Thank God for a QT/frag tank - and they are not in my display tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back