Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay how many people are sick of the white bumps disease?! well if your hoping for a cure i odn't have it :) but i have done soem experimenting. okay.. first off i had a colony that lost it's colors and was looking ugly so i was going to sell it cheap until i noticed the whitte bumps. i have seen it slightly on one or two frags but these guys were coverd.... so in hopes to find a miracle cure i tested some things out. i moved the colony to my sump where right now i have just a dinky drop light that's maybe 15 watts.... nothing special. i put them in the sump becuase i heard that people were thinking alot of flow and low light will heal them. well the bumps are gone!!!! who knows if it was the lighting change or flow. but just a little info.. obviously its not a cure but maybe a start to understanding it. i have another colony that i broke off and kept in a seperate tank, i am going to try muchoreefs idea of slowly letting them dry a bit and see if that helps as well...give ya updates soon

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allurex,

That is same great news. Thank you for giving us feedback and if you have anymore info to provide please let us know.

AKA,
What type of lights and for how long were you running them? (in the sump)
How long were they in there?
How many zoas had bumps?

Reef Gardener

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left mine in the same light, but moved them to a spot with better flow and only lost part of the colony. Also none of my other colonys developed the pox. I'm in the "no stress" club. I know I dont want to be bothered when I dont feel good!

Corals.com

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive also noticed with my pox outbreak that the pox in its white form seems tobe the start and spread colour, but as the pox turns brown the spreading stops as if the pox cycle is finished, those polyps that survived and show brown pox continue to survive as pox spots receed.

weimers75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
allurex - I'm suprised your selling zoos/palys out of your tank after you've noticed white pox. Being as contagious as they seem to be it would be best to wait and sell them after there are no signs for at least 30 days - otherwise you could wipe out someone's entire collection.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back