Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had the Zetlight E200 running over my refugium for about 2 months now. I was running lower intensity settings up until last week when I switched to 100% on all channels except white which I set to 50%. I have it on a 12hr schedule with a 2hr half intensity ramp up/down. It appears the Chaeto is really starting to grow nicely now so I am going to continue to test these settings out for a while and I will keep you guys posted.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SilverCityReef

SilverCityReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up removing and selling the Zetlight because my nutrients were 0 and couldn't support the Chaeto. The settings I posted above appeared to work very well while I was using it, just adjust your intensity as neccessary. My refugium was 12" high and about 17" long. The 4 channels are white, blue, red, and I can't remember if the fourth was UV or a different red. If you have nutrients that can support Chaeto growth, I would definitely recommend this light. I've heard others who run it 100% on all channels and have great success as well.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my E200 at 100% on all channels for 12 hours on an opposite lighting schedule. Chaeto grows like weeds. If I can get my wife to stop overfeeding the tank and drop my nutrient levels I would just cut back on the hours that the light is on to adjust for it.

Nutramar Foods

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks; just quickly installed mine tonight - chaeto has been previously been running 3 months 15/7 with 11W. Now 50% on all channels with the E200. Will update after I've had more time to monitor nutrients / play with a ramp-up. Too tired to write more - wanted to say thanks for posting your experiences. Kessil A360X Refug. lights are slow coming now to Indonesia.

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks; just quickly installed mine tonight - chaeto has been previously been running 3 months 15/7 with 11W. Now 50% on all channels with the E200. Will update after I've had more time to monitor nutrients / play with a ramp-up. Too tired to write more - wanted to say thanks for posting your experiences. Kessil A360X Refug. lights are slow coming now to Indonesia.
Working like a champ - I've ramped up all the channels to 100% for the 12h and "lettin' 'er buck"; Seems like that is what was needed. - light is 8" above. Grows great - I noticed a big jump when I started to dose iron for the 130g as per RedSea "C". Hope it helps.

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working like a champ - I've ramped up all the channels to 100% for the 12h and "lettin' 'er buck"; Seems like that is what was needed. - light is 8" above. Grows great - I noticed a big jump when I started to dose iron for the 130g as per RedSea "C". Hope it helps.
Still going - the lamp is great; I needed to learn to read the signs after making a change in the tank. I started (very carefully and measured) dosing LaCl after some thought and an interpretation of the Redfield ratio. I've had problems that get fixed right away (2-3 nights) with adding some iron. This Lamp will grow. I do 75-100% on all channels for 12 - 75% when it seems like it is adjusting to a mechanical removal of phosphate else I let'er buck at 100.

Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaCave Logo Banner
Back