Zeo lite media reactor.

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been shopping for a Zeo lite media reactor that would suit my needs. The problem I have run into is of the available reactors currently for sale are to be used in the sump. I have a nano cube tank with a small sump. The available real-estate in the sump is taken by my return pump & skimmer. I saw that Avast used to make an automatic external vibrating unit. Unfortunately it's no longer produced not to mention pricy even if it was avail. So my work around is to utilize a plain Jane carbon / GFO reactor and mount it to a lab vibrating mixer I found on Amazon. The more I think about the more I like the idea. Since I have the Hydros system available I could plug it into the Wifi power strip and set it up to turn on/off automatically. My only concern is how to keep the reactor from vibrating off the mixer. Has anyone done something like this before? Thoughts???

OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking to achieve with
Zeo lite media is just one component of Korallen-Zucht coral care system. It's nutrient control, feeding coral, Amino Acids, coral health, coloration, ect. The first step is based on 5 items, the Zeovit media, Zeobac (Bacteria concentrate), Zeo Start 3 (carbon dosing solution / Bacteria food), Activated Carbon & Zeofood (nutrition for the corals) you can read more about the whole system by going to the Web site for Korallen-Zucht. The Zeovit or Zeo lite is a media that absorbs ammonia before it can turn to Nitrite & then to Nitrates. The Bacteria in the system eats the ammonia before being converted. This Bacteria builds up on the media and a Zeo reactor is normally used to shake off the mulm build up which releases it into the water for the corals to feed on. Any Bacteria that is not consumed gets filtered out by the protein skimmer. Aqua Forest & Fauna Marin are also companies that embrace the Bacteria driven method. The system has been around the hobby for very long time 20+ years. I could keep going but I will stop here and let you research the rest of the information further. I wish I knew of this system sooner.

Upvote 0

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been shopping for a Zeo lite media reactor that would suit my needs. The problem I have run into is of the available reactors currently for sale are to be used in the sump. I have a nano cube tank with a small sump. The available real-estate in the sump is taken by my return pump & skimmer. I saw that Avast used to make an automatic external vibrating unit. Unfortunately it's no longer produced not to mention pricy even if it was avail. So my work around is to utilize a plain Jane carbon / GFO reactor and mount it to a lab vibrating mixer I found on Amazon. The more I think about the more I like the idea. Since I have the Hydros system available I could plug it into the Wifi power strip and set it up to turn on/off automatically. My only concern is how to keep the reactor from vibrating off the mixer. Has anyone done something like this before? Thoughts???
Should work fine
Are you running other kz products e.g zeostart/zeobak?
The zeovit forum may be able to advise in more detail.
I run zeolites in a low flow bubble Magus currently with an air pump to agitated mulm & send it into display.
All on simple WiFi plugs

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should work fine
Are you running other kz products e.g zeostart/zeobak?
The zeovit forum may be able to advise in more detail.
I run zeolites in a low flow bubble Magus currently with an air pump to agitated mulm & send it into display.
All on simple WiFi plugs
Yes I have the Zeobac, Zeofood, Carbon, Zeo Start 3, new reactor for the media & the media it's self. I also plan on using the Nano package and colors pack as well but that's not necessary just yet. My tank has been set up for a year and four months. I am just impressed with the reef aquariums on this program. I have not started anything yet. I want everything I am going to need on hand before adding anything. I am going to order the lab vibrating mixer from Amazon. Once I get that I can put this into motion. From the information I've read I should really start to see noticeable changes after a few days to a week's time. I am excited to try it out. This company has a well documented approach and suggestions of which products to buy unlike Aqua Forest which is confusing and no direction on how to implement the products for success.

Upvote 0

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have the Zeobac, Zeofood, Carbon, Zeo Start 3, new reactor for the media & the media it's self. I also plan on using the Nano package and colors pack as well but that's not necessary just yet. My tank has been set up for a year and four months. I am just impressed with the reef aquariums on this program. I have not started anything yet. I want everything I am going to need on hand before adding anything. I am going to order the lab vibrating mixer from Amazon. Once I get that I can put this into motion. From the information I've read I should really start to see noticeable changes after a few days to a week's time. I am excited to try it out. This company has a well documented approach and suggestions of which products to buy unlike Aqua Forest which is confusing and no direction on how to implement the products for success.
You do see changes quickly.
Good ones!
The only downside is the bad can occur just as quickly.
Those little bottles are powerful!
The system can reduce nitrates at an alarming rate.
I ran a hybrid zeovit system previously & have moved to full zeo after a bryopsis treatment/algae die off caused nutrients to sky rocket.
The guide is great & forum admins very helpful.
I like day to day puzzles and tinkering so it's a perfect system for me.
Good luck with it!
Maybe start a zeo startup thread to post progress?

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeo lite media is just one component of Korallen-Zucht coral care system. It's nutrient control, feeding coral, Amino Acids, coral health, coloration, ect. The first step is based on 5 items, the Zeovit media, Zeobac (Bacteria concentrate), Zeo Start 3 (carbon dosing solution / Bacteria food), Activated Carbon & Zeofood (nutrition for the corals) you can read more about the whole system by going to the Web site for Korallen-Zucht. The Zeovit or Zeo lite is a media that absorbs ammonia before it can turn to Nitrite & then to Nitrates. The Bacteria in the system eats the ammonia before being converted. This Bacteria builds up on the media and a Zeo reactor is normally used to shake off the mulm build up which releases it into the water for the corals to feed on. Any Bacteria that is not consumed gets filtered out by the protein skimmer. Aqua Forest & Fauna Marin are also companies that embrace the Bacteria driven method. The system has been around the hobby for very long time 20+ years. I could keep going but I will stop here and let you research the rest of the information further. I wish I knew of this system sooner.

I question whether or not the bacteria can access the ammonia from the zeolite.

To be honest I think carbon dosing would be simpler and achieve similar goals. That way you wouldn't need any additional equipment.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do see changes quickly.
Good ones!
The only downside is the bad can occur just as quickly.
Those little bottles are powerful!
The system can reduce nitrates at an alarming rate.
I ran a hybrid zeovit system previously & have moved to full zeo after a bryopsis treatment/algae die off caused nutrients to sky rocket.
The guide is great & forum admins very helpful.
I like day to day puzzles and tinkering so it's a perfect system for me.
Good luck with it!
Maybe start a zeo startup thread to post progress?
I have been carbon dosing (Tropic Marin Bacto Balance) and using nitrifying bacteria (Microbactor 7) for nutrient control along with the Tropic Marin All for Reef. I just feel at this point there is more to be had color wise at this point. I want my reef to really pop in color. I am all for starting slowly and ramping up to the recommended dosages. I have been to the Zeovit forum. www.zeovit.com I have signed up but for some reason I don't see a tab to click on to submit a post. Any ideas? As for doing a progress thread that may happen. Thanks for the input I really do appreciate it. Photo of my tank from yesterday.

20240629_200510.jpg

Upvote 0

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been carbon dosing (Tropic Marin Bacto Balance) and using nitrifying bacteria (Microbactor 7) for nutrient control along with the Tropic Marin All for Reef. I just feel at this point there is more to be had color wise at this point. I want my reef to really pop in color. I am all for starting slowly and ramping up to the recommended dosages. I have been to the Zeovit forum. www.zeovit.com I have signed up but for some reason I don't see a tab to click on to submit a post. Any ideas? As for doing a progress thread that may happen. Thanks for the input I really do appreciate it.
The forum format is a little "old school" & does take some tinkering.
The system is based around the core products you mentioned but there is a degree of flexibility e.g you don't have to run the system ULNS.thats entirely your choice.
Also, be aware that some of the dosing guides on bottles can be at the higher end of the recommended dosage.
Once you post on forum g.alexander will ask a vast amount of questions & tailor a plan for you.
Again, it's all recommendations.
The line you draw can be where you want it.
The products themselves I've found to be very high quality

Upvote 0

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm unsure of this myself.
It's effective in fresh but much debate RE salt.
I can certainly see carbon fulfilling the same rudimentary function.
I have observed more mulm being released from zeolites than carbon.
I don't follow the zero program to the letter in that I keep marine pure in my sump which is often recommended to be removed.
I wouldn't personally give up my hard earned beneficial bacteria by removing it :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Upvote 0

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been carbon dosing (Tropic Marin Bacto Balance) and using nitrifying bacteria (Microbactor 7) for nutrient control along with the Tropic Marin All for Reef. I just feel at this point there is more to be had color wise at this point. I want my reef to really pop in color. I am all for starting slowly and ramping up to the recommended dosages. I have been to the Zeovit forum. www.zeovit.com I have signed up but for some reason I don't see a tab to click on to submit a post. Any ideas? As for doing a progress thread that may happen. Thanks for the input I really do appreciate it. Photo of my tank from yesterday.

RE forum, click on the applicable country forum & you will find a copy & paste tank info questionnaire for your system & once pasted you can type relevant answers underneath.they may flag the AFR dosing as the guide recommends a very basic dosing system sans trace elements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I question whether or not the bacteria can access the ammonia from the zeolite.

To be honest I think carbon dosing would be simpler and achieve similar goals. That way you wouldn't need any additional equipment.
I may have not stated this correctly in my statement. I was going off of memory and not reading something word for word but this is what I was trying to say here. This is quoted right from Korallen Zucht web page. " ZEOvit® media. The mulm, released from the ZEOvit® media contains bacteria and is used as food source by the corals and has a very positive impact on colors, polyp expansion and vitality of the corals." From my understanding of the process (I am no Scientist here just joe smoe who has done some homework before acting.) The bacteria that grows on the Zeovit contains the Phosphorus the corals need for growth and health. It's easier for corals to consume bacteria than it is to consume phosphates. Then whatever bacteria is not eaten by the corals is taken up via the protein skimmer.

As I stated in one of my earlier posts I am currently dosing Tropic Marin All for Reef and Bacto Balance for the carbon source along with Brightwell's Microbactor 7 for the bacteria after every water change. I feel this system will push my corals further than I have been able to achieve on my own. I picked up on this method from Sonny Harajly who is the former owner of Pro Corals and has the lineage to the PC Rainbow Acro & PC Superman. He has a web page www.reefsite.com he goes into great detail about what he doses and if these products are good enough for him then I have to take the guys word for it. He has the credentials to back up what he is preaching in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have not stated this correctly in my statement. I was going off of memory and not reading something word for word but this is what I was trying to say here. This is quoted right from Korallen Zucht web page. " ZEOvit® media. The mulm, released from the ZEOvit® media contains bacteria and is used as food source by the corals and has a very positive impact on colors, polyp expansion and vitality of the corals." From my understanding of the process (I am no Scientist here just joe smoe who has done some homework before acting.) The bacteria that grows on the Zeovit contains the Phosphorus the corals need for growth and health. It's easier for corals to consume bacteria than it is to consume phosphates. Then whatever bacteria is not eaten by the corals is taken up via the protein skimmer.

As I stated in one of my earlier posts I am currently dosing Tropic Marin All for Reef and Bacto Balance for the carbon source along with Brightwell's Microbactor 7 for the bacteria after every water change. I feel this system will push my corals further than I have been able to achieve on my own. I picked up on this method from Sonny Harajly who is the former owner of Pro Corals and has the lineage to the PC Rainbow Acro & PC Superman. He has a web page www.reefsite.com he goes into great detail about what he doses and if these products are good enough for him then I have to take the guys word for it. He has the credentials to back up what he is preaching in my opinion.
Huge fan of his tank & ethos.
If you're not familiar & don't mind search through the forum, check out @robertodenadai tank(s)
He's a little more cryptic in his explanation of methods used but has used zeovit previously & if I had to hazard a guess he still implements some of those tactics.
Incredible tanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gellisjr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge fan of his tank & ethos.
If you're not familiar & don't mind search through the forum, check out @robertodenadai tank(s)
He's a little more cryptic in his explanation of methods used but has used zeovit previously & if I had to hazard a guess he still implements some of those tactics.
Incredible tanks!
I really appreciate all feedback. I really needed some interaction with actual users. If anything it's reassuring me that I am onto a really good thing with this system. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My point was that carbon dosing alone should hypothetically yield the same thing that the zeovit setup would provide. I personally would skip the microbacter7 and zeovit and just do carbon dosing. You would save a lot of money.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back