Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i got yuma mushrooms last night and a new anemone and then a tiny little guy
(also my other anemone ended up starving it ended up not taking food and it wasn’t a bacterial infection because it’s mouth only opened after i fed it the next day but anyways beck to the question)
ok so my yuma mushrooms the bigger ones have their mouths opened but the smaller one dose not is it because they are bigger and just acclimating still to the tank or is it something i should be worried about i’ll also have a picture of those
ok and my second question is should i make a small nem box for this tiny little guy which is the next picture and should i feed it or let this one take food from the lighting but i’m also scared of it starving like my other one it’s about a half of inch but it has developed a mouth

2172571D-F101-49FE-95F3-12FEAA9480E6.jpeg 3FCD9C6E-7416-44FB-ABB4-68764067313C.jpeg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best practice is not to directly feed nems. what type of nem? If it's a BTA let it be and it will find it's happy place. Nems need stability. also how old is your tank?
my tank will be one year old in december and it’s a black widow here’s a picture of the big one and i know they don’t need to be directly fed but i’m probably gonna feed them every monday when i feed all my other corals because when i stopped feeding my old one it started to starve

611E395B-2720-49A4-AC2C-B3BC91CCABEC.jpeg

Corals.com

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it staved...What lights you have? How long are they on. I have never directly feed a BTA and they thrive. They eat what's in the water column.

They are sensitive and tell me when my parameters are off and need a water change as I never test my water.

IMG_2002.png

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my other nem also had my clownfish that i no longer have host it day two or three plus the hydrogen peroxide dosing which i stopped i’m going to be only directly feeding him a eraser sized peice of shrimp on the 19th so this time this nem wont be rushed like my other one was

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it staved...What lights you have? How long are they on. I have never directly feed a BTA and they thrive. They eat what's in the water column.

They are sensitive and tell me when my parameters are off and need a water change as I never test my water.

View attachment 1878826
i have an ai prime that’s 7 1/2 inches from the waters surface and i know nems don’t need to be fed and they get most of their energy from the light and they are on from 7:30 and off at 7:30

Top Shelf Aquatics

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an ai prime that’s 7 1/2 inches from the waters surface and i know nems don’t need to be fed and they get most of their energy from the light and they are on from 7:30 and off at 7:30

I would give them 2 more hours of light. Try some coral pellets once every few weeks. Stay away from the shrimp and weekly feedings... IMO

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a BTA. What do the nems do to tell you your parameters are off? Do they shrink or move around?

They don't expand as much during the day. Only I can tell, if you asked my wife she says they look the same.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

MaroonLightning

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't expand as much during the day. Only I can tell, if you asked my wife she says they look the same.

Do you know which parameters BTAs are most sensitive to?

I know that for some livestock you don't have to look at certain parameters as closely as you do to others. Is that the case for BTAs?

That pic of your BTAs is beautiful btw!

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know which parameters BTAs are most sensitive to?

I know that for some livestock you don't have to look at certain parameters as closely as you do to others. Is that the case for BTAs?

That pic of your BTAs is beautiful btw!

Stability is the key, Parameters need to be within their thresholds.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back