Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a very tiny ywg (less than 1.5in) and a white caribbean pistol shrimp. They've only been in the tank for almost 2 days and have not paired. I've seen so many posts about caribbean pistols not pairing and being too aggressive. Anyways, I am working on catching the pistol and going to swap it for another. Catching these things is a pain...

My question: I know ywg pair a lot with tigers but can they also pair with candy canes? My tank is only 20g and my ywg is so tiny so I thought the candy cane would be the better choice since it is smaller as well.

(pic of current pistol shrimp before I put him in my tank)

shrimp.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe they pair. While tigers are more recommended for ywg, candy canes could also work.
I have a very tiny ywg (less than 1.5in) and a white caribbean pistol shrimp. They've only been in the tank for almost 2 days and have not paired. I've seen so many posts about caribbean pistols not pairing and being too aggressive. Anyways, I am working on catching the pistol and going to swap it for another. Catching these things is a pain...

My question: I know ywg pair a lot with tigers but can they also pair with candy canes? My tank is only 20g and my ywg is so tiny so I thought the candy cane would be the better choice since it is smaller as well.

(pic of current pistol shrimp before I put him in my tank)

View attachment 2999573

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe they pair. While tigers are more recommended for ywg, candy canes could also work.
I don't think they do either. Trying to catch with a trap and somehow it got the food out but didn't go in the trap lol. Looks like I had some trap building flaws the first time...

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they do either. Trying to catch with a trap and somehow it got the food out but didn't go in the trap lol. Looks like I had some trap building flaws the first time...
use the forum search and look for "trapping pistol shrimp" theres a lot of good posts about it on here.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back