Yellow Tang possible ich

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a yellow tang about a month and a half ago. Had him in observational quarantine for a month with no signs of disease. I added him to my display about a week ago. He’s been doing great and very active. I just noticed today there were some little bumps on his skin that were white. I’m not sure if this is the early stage of ich or if it’s something else. I attached a video below. Please help

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was under white light. It might be hard to see but look at his fins there are small marks

CannaJake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its
This was under white light. It might be hard to see but look at his fins there are small marks
I couldn't see anything bud Im sorry but I do send positive healing vibes to your little tang, I also have a small yellow tang and Im super attached to it so I cant imagine how stressful this is for you. Maybe turn on white lights and try to get some clear zoomed in pictures.

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its

I couldn't see anything bud Im sorry but I do send positive healing vibes to your little tang, I also have a small yellow tang and Im super attached to it so I cant imagine how stressful this is for you. Maybe turn on white lights and try to get some clear zoomed in pictures.
Here is a better view

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason when I upload the video the quality goes down. I included some more pics here

Attachments

• IMG_4655.png
    IMG_4655.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4654.png
    IMG_4654.png
    687.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4653.png
    IMG_4653.png
    639.3 KB · Views: 36

CannaJake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason when I upload the video the quality goes down. I included some more pics here
The pictures are much clearer. Im new to the hobby so I cant give valuable insight but it certainly looks suspicious to me. Do you have any local fish stores that do treatments? It may be worth asking. I have a shop 15 min from my house that charges $25 a week for large fish quarantine and treatment. And he doesnt just treat for what your fish has, he treats for all kinds of ailments, and he treats based on your fishes health so he wont do too much too fast and kill your fish. I would check around and see what your local shops offer.

traumamed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich to me.
+1. Looks like ich.

Since this is a yellow tang and pictures don't convey as well as an in-person examination, take a closer look to make sure it more resembles ich than velvet. While both are serious and must be managed, velvet is a much bigger cause for emergent - as in right this second - action. Left unchecked, it is likely to wipe out every single fish in the tank within a couple of days. Ich, you've got more time to deal with the problem.

Ich vs velvet

305 Steve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. Looks like ich.

Since this is a yellow tang and pictures don't convey as well as an in-person examination, take a closer look to make sure it more resembles ich than velvet. While both are serious and must be managed, velvet is a much bigger cause for emergent - as in right this second - action. Left unchecked, it is likely to wipe out every single fish in the tank within a couple of days. Ich, you've got more time to deal with the problem.

Ich vs velvet
to me the 1st pictures shows large spacing/ patches on the face and a fair amount of spacing on the fins, i think this looks like ich to me as well. Here is a good read @Reef.Blue https://humble.fish/community/threads/ich-eradication-vs-ich-management.28/

OP
OP
Reef.Blue

Reef.Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to me the 1st pictures shows large spacing/ patches on the face and a fair amount of spacing on the fins, i think this looks like ich to me as well. Here is a good read @Reef.Blue https://humble.fish/community/threads/ich-eradication-vs-ich-management.28/
I removed him from my dt and put him in my qt with copper. When i removed him from the tank I inspected him in the container I had him acclimating in and it did not seem like he had any of those dots anymore. The day before I definitely saw those dots and it looked like ich, but it looks like it has disappeared which is odd. I am still going to do a full qt with copper to be safe.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back