Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. It's been 2-3 days now that my yellow tang is not its usual self. It is hiding in a rock most of the day, not even coming out to eat. All the other fish seem OK, water parameters are all normal (tested yesterday) and there seems nothing else wrong with him. I've had him for about 4 months and he is the largest fish in the tank so no chance of bullying.

World Wide Corals

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it displaying the normal bright yellow color or a dull color? Have you added any fish lately? Have you moved your rock work around? Does it look healthy? Fins, eyes, skin and does it show signs of stomach issue or getting thinner?

OP
OP
E

Eleni18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks fine. Bright yellow, fins and skin OK, no new fish recently, no changes except for a water change 2 days ago. But it hides and barely eats in the past 2 days. I pointed one of the wavemakers towards the surface more to help oxygenate the water more

Nutramar Foods

Uncle99

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does this behavior every 4-6 months, hides, does not eat, goes on for about a week, then, all of a sudden, back to normal.

I have no idea what this is, mine has had three separate instances of this weirdness.

6B4BE94D-53CB-4FB0-A688-730916737E16.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs have some very strange behavior. I have a blue hippo tang. And it scares all the rest of the fish. When i do water changes, i see it goes into hiding, which i see normal. because it is stress or scared. when i start to feed them. they will hide, until it sees the pellets or frozen food, it will come out and feed. i could be passing by the tank, it will go into hiding. I have to be still for it to come out when I'm observing my tank. When i start to move, it will start to act scared. It will go into hiding. I don't know why, I've only had it for about over a year. Sometimes it wont come out for a few hours. But everybody else is ok.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back