Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three days ago i got a yellow clown goby, he/she wasn’t/isn’t in the best conditions (look a bit skinny and is very small), the first two days he/she wouldn’t eat anything so yesterday i tried with zooplankton and it seems that he/she is munching on something, my question is, can he/she survive with only zooplankton for now, while i try to feed him/her other things? How much zooplankton should he/she eat? (Where i live a lot of lfs doesn’t have live food, so i should buy it online).
This is him/her chilling in his/her cave (it’s the only fish):
74842F12-2767-4F92-8B93-882CAF784F81.jpeg

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three days ago i got a yellow clown goby, he/she wasn’t/isn’t in the best conditions (look a bit skinny and is very small), the first two days he/she wouldn’t eat anything so yesterday i tried with zooplankton and it seems that he/she is munching on something, my question is, can he/she survive with only zooplankton for now, while i try to feed him/her other things? How much zooplankton should he/she eat? (Where i live a lot of lfs doesn’t have live food, so i should buy it online).
This is him/her chilling in his/her cave (it’s the only fish):View attachment 2978897
I also found this problem with mine.
At the beginning I had to offer a different food at each feeding, sometimes it take foods soaked in garlic and sometimes it wouldn't. Each time it took a bite of food and refuse another. Brine shrimp worked well for me. Try offering a variety of foods until you find something he likes.

OP
OP
Rirule

Rirule

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp worked well for me. Try offering a variety
I’ve tried with frozen bloodworms and gel brine shrimps, pellets and flakes with garlic and now with zooplankton wich seem to enjoy, i will buy today some live brine shrimp and see how it goes!

BRS

Tanglover1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried with frozen bloodworms and gel brine shrimps, pellets and flakes with garlic and now with zooplankton wich seem to enjoy, i will buy today some live brine shrimp and see how it goes!
Did u try micro pellets? Just try to give small sized food and leave the food near it. They often refuse to eat. Good thing is that it had eaten zooplankton. If it not eats, treat with parazi and metro for intestinal parasites.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Rirule

Rirule

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine LOVED eating my SPS
My tank is too young for sps ahahah, he/she is still eating mysis, today he/she was very aggressive toward the tongs that i use to feed, and seems less skinny on the stomach, at night he/she goes out of his/her cave and swim all over the tank, but i noticed that he/she is almost transparent at night and when the lights come on he/she gets to his/her normal yellow color.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Black Label Aquatics
Back