Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a dose of prazi at 10 pm to a QT tank with a yasha and neon goby in it. I came back down about an hour later and the yasha is surfacing but the neon goby is acting normal and going around different places on the bottom. I added another powerhead aimed up but I already have a tidal55 HoB running as well as an airstone on a 10gallon qt which was setup yesterday with matrix media i had hanging in my 10g nano nearly a month. Perhaps the new powerhead will mix the water enough top to bottom.

This bottle of prazi had been used about 5 months ago and been sitting on my shelf since.

video posting in comments

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I added a dose of prazi at 10 pm to a QT tank with a yasha and neon goby in it. I came back down about an hour later and the yasha is surfacing but the neon goby is acting normal and going around different places on the bottom. I added another powerhead aimed up but I already have a tidal55 HoB running as well as an airstone on a 10gallon qt which was setup yesterday with matrix media i had hanging in my 10g nano nearly a month. Perhaps the new powerhead will mix the water enough top to bottom.

This bottle of prazi had been used about 5 months ago and been sitting on my shelf since.

video posting in comments
Prazi has glycol in it and is known to reduce oxygen and appetite and I often recommend dosing at 85% because of this. Adding an Air stone for added oxygen should help. Assure ammonia and nitrate are not elevated especially with reduction in O2

OP
OP
S

Schulks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@vetteguy53081 Here is a video. I did a full dose so maybe I did slightly over and overdosed. The neon goby is fine at least but the yasha is a lot more pricey! x(
I can't decide if I should do a couple water changes and toss carbon in or not :/
I don't want to have to wait a few days to restart deworming.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

@vetteguy53081 Here is a video. I did a full dose so maybe I did slightly over and overdosed. The neon goby is fine at least but the yasha is a lot more pricey! x(
I can't decide if I should do a couple water changes and toss carbon in or not :/
I don't want to have to wait a few days to restart deworming.
Two reasons they stay at surface- low oxygen or velvet and I rule out velvet

OP
OP
S

Schulks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just finished 14 days copper treatment and was deworming. I did that 20% waterchange and now I am going to watch him for another 10-20 minutes and if he doesnt calm down i'll do another 20%.

Edit: he seems to be calming down. No longer panicking but still sitting near the surface.
I think my prazipro is a little potent.

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just finished 14 days copper treatment and was deworming. I did that 20% waterchange and now I am going to watch him for another 10-20 minutes and if he doesnt calm down i'll do another 20%.

Edit: he seems to be calming down. No longer panicking but still sitting near the surface.
I think my prazipro is a little potent.

Three things can happen here: low dissolved oxygen from the Prazipro, but that usually shows up the next day because the low oxygen is caused by bacterial degradation of the glycol. You have good aeration, so I would rule that out anyway. Then, if fish have gill flukes, adding prazi will cause the gills flukes to move around - causing the fish some amount of itching/stress. That can cause changed behavior. Finally, when you add prazipro to the tank, that white cloud that you see is the prazi coming out of solution and forming a precipitate. That fine powder can irritate some fish's gills.

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back