Yasha goby and red pistol shrimp… new inhabitants

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

On my first post as a new member I said I wasn’t going to add anything new to the tank probably until the end of the year, however, as it might have happened to many before, you stop by a local fish store and you come out with a new fish or coral even thought it was not in your plans or budget.

So, long story short, last night I stopped at a LFS and they had a pair of yasha gobies and several pistol shrimps at a much lower price than online; I bought one of the yasha goby, a red pistol shrimp, and a clownfish.

I took my time acclimating them and when I added the yasha goby and the pistol shrimp I created some sort of cave infront of the tank and guided them there, so far the seem to have settled there.

Today, the yasha goby and the shrimp came out during feeding time.

I always wanted to have something like this, hopefully they stay healthy for a long time.

IMG_0173.jpeg IMG_0170.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0176.mov
    28.1 MB

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice!!! Love that combo and as they get settled in they will venture out together. That’s such a cool thing to watch. I love when the shrimp kicks the sand out with his little back legs. It’s the best. Sending good vibes for your tank !

OP
OP
betomena

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!! Love that combo and as they get settled in they will venture out together. That’s such a cool thing to watch. I love when the shrimp kicks the sand out with his little back legs. It’s the best. Sending good vibes for your tank !
Thank you!!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish! Good pairing too. They stay similar sized. In my experience randals pistol shrimp live for about 2 years, so if it seems like in that time you aren't seeing it anymore you may want to consider replacing it

OP
OP
betomena

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fed some mysis and both came out to eat again.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.mov
    72.9 MB
OP
OP
betomena

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night during feeding time!!! I love these guys!! They are getting more comfortable in the tank

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 5

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back