Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I came into the room and recognized the frag that broke off from my original xenia about two weeks ago is starting to look very skinny at the base. The tank is only about two months old now and all of the other corals look fine except this one.

image.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

saltyfins

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I came into the room and recognized the frag that broke off from my original xenia about two weeks ago is starting to look very skinny at the base. The tank is only about two months old now and all of the other corals look fine except this one.

View attachment 2016199
it's spreading. that's what they do, and then eventually it'll break...that small thread. then it'll be ALL OVER YOUR TANK lol!! some however, like it. I personally do :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
K

k_1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's spreading. that's what they do, and then eventually it'll break...that small thread. then it'll be ALL OVER YOUR TANK lol!! some however, like it. I personally do :)
Thank you for the comment! I was super worried about it. I’m going to move it and keep a close eye on it and see if it breaks off anytime soon.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
K

k_1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to move it. It's moving on its own.
Oh okay that makes more sense! I'll just keep and eye on it and see if it moves on it's own. Thank you for the comment! I'm new to all of this so I appreciate the help!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
K

k_1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2016199
Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions! After reading all of the comments I looked closer at the coral and recognized that the coral is getting thinner at the bottom because it is starting to break off from the bottom of the rock and attach to the side of the rock.

saltyfins

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions! After reading all of the comments I looked closer at the coral and recognized that the coral is getting thinner at the bottom because it is starting to break off from the bottom of the rock and attach to the side of the rock.
just remember, this stuff can really spread! it's not bad, unless you want other coral....then you might decide it's got to be in it's own real spot. sometimes you'll see one totally break off, when that happens, find a piece of rubble rock, and band it onto that. I dont use glue personally on this stuff, but a vinyl band works great! then you can place that rubble piece wherever, and start some in that area. Just a thought. like I said, I really do like the stuff

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back