• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WWC / World Wide Corals - Sold Defective Equipment & Doesn’t Stand By It….

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped 11k at WWC on some of my equipemt for this build & 1/3 of that was on EcoTech… I started having issues within 2 weeks & got the runaround from EcoTech tech support… I called WWC, spoke to a manager, and was told “you have to go through EcoTech”, even though WWC sold it!!!

I asked for a refund, because it was within a month of purchase & having repeated issues… Was denied by the WWC Winter Park manager!!!

i have had ongoing issues with connecting to to EcoTech equipment for 6 months!!!

i have contacted EcoTech tech support NUMEROUS TIMES & keep getting told “cycle power, factory reset lights &reset mobius” This usually works for between a day & 2 weeks…. THEN I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES!!!

Mobius REPEATEDLY loses connection to usually 5 out of 6 devices… I’m not able to control 3x Xr30’s, 2x mp40qd’s, or the Vectra m2…

Vectra m2 keeps losing calibration making the tank gurgle…. I try to calibrate & it won’t half the time… like today!!!

I have emailed & called Ecotech tech support literally dozens of times!!!

I spent thousa on equipment that doesn’t work as advertised…. WWC / seller denies any responsiTy & Ecotech manufacturer keeps telling me “power cycle….” Which has no lasting effects!!!!

i feel I was RIPPED OFF BY ECOTECH & WWC… Looking at the evidence, I believe that it’s justified….

WORST MISTAKE IVE MADE IN REEFING WAS PURCHASING ECOTECH AT WWC!!!

Nutramar Foods

WWC

WWC Staff
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jonathan,

I was glad I was able to touch base with you, And like I promised I will get all of this information and the information from the phone call to the correct members of the team.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jonathan,

I was glad I was able to touch base with you, And like I promised I will get all of this information and the information from the phone call to the correct members of the team.

it would be nice to actually get some help… It’s a shame it had to get this far.

thanks for the effort… time will tell if it’s worthwhile.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC thanks for the h….

oh, yah!!! never heard back!!! What a surpris?!?!

you sold me defective equipment, won’t stand by it, and the manufacturer keeps stringing me along with “power cycle & reset…”

WORST MISTAKE IVE MADE REEFING WAS BUYING ECOTECH FROM WORLD WIDE CORALS!!!!

what the heck?!?!

5F13AC7E-F8C4-416B-91C1-C12DD0C9B7C5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

WWC

WWC Staff
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jon,

I am so sorry that you are having this experience with these products and after our discussion today I truly feel for the issues your are having. We are going to do our absolute best help with this situation, and as such we are reaching up as high as possible within the ranks of Ecotech to get you a solution to your issues as soon as possible.

I will personally keep you updated on what happens from here on out. I truly hope we can make this right as soon as possible.

Chris Turnier
Web Manager

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back