Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though the lineatus is not one of the “aggressive” wrasses, mine used to chase my pintail around. If i was going to consider either of these in the future again I would choose the pintail. Prettier wrasse imo.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon reef. I currently have a Lineatus wrasse currently. Im wondering if i can add a pintail fairy wrasse. I looked at the charts and it look fine but I just like to check to make sure.

Thanks
Lineatus are a more peaceful Cirrhilabrus however they will absolutely bully a shier Cirrhilabrus such as an Isosceles. The Pintail is one species that really should be added first in the wrasse selection as they tend to die in too active tanks and just don’t thrive if they’ve been added last. Adding them first allows a more active tank to work as the isosceles will have a better territory to fight for.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineatus are a more peaceful Cirrhilabrus however they will absolutely bully a shier Cirrhilabrus such as an Isosceles. The Pintail is one species that really should be added first in the wrasse selection as they tend to die in too active tanks and just don’t thrive if they’ve been added last. Adding them first allows a more active tank to work as the isosceles will have a better territory to fight for.
Since the Lineatus is already in the tank is there any other recommendations for a wrasse to add?

Thanks

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lineatus most are bit of jerks and a pintail is very laid back. Being lineatus is established in the tank I don’t think your chances are good. How big tank? 6’ may help but doubtful. Best to add multiple wrasse at same time to spread aggression.
If you try be prepared to have to remove a wrasse

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back