Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I started a 20 gallon reef tank and have a compatibility question. I have a black and white ocellaris and regular ocellaris clown pair, a Royal Gramma, and want to add a pink-streaked wrasse. I have plenty of caves in my rock.

I have read that the gramma can be a pain with Pink streaked, but also they are all show with their big mouths.

Avast

wtdenk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a pink streaked wrasse to my 20g with an existing royal gramma. The first week I noticed the gramma being slightly aggressive and the wrasse hiding. After that week the wrasse got a bit more bold and the gramma settled down. Haven't had any issues at all since. Eshopps makes a nano acclimation box that I used, not sure if that helped at all.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gamma is all bark and no bite. He will show his mouth but never use it to bite anything other than food. He just turns tail and darts back into his cave if the other fish continue to approach.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I started a 20 gallon reef tank and have a compatibility question. I have a black and white ocellaris and regular ocellaris clown pair, a Royal Gramma, and want to add a pink-streaked wrasse. I have plenty of caves in my rock.

I have read that the gramma can be a pain with Pink streaked, but also they are all show with their big mouths.
Generally, anything that is even mildly aggressive will give a pink streak a run for your money.
I tried to introduce a Pink Streak into a tank with 8 fish (6 gobies, BSLW and a Blenny). The Blenny showed a bit of aggression and the wrasse was dead after just a day of aggression.

Adding Pink Streaks first is the best move. I did this with my pair and they’ve thrived since day one. They did have a friend but she just grew weaker and eventually withered away to my knowledge.

BRS
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tunze
Back