Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Im purchasing a pair of clownfish next week and would like to prepare vis-a-vis food. Haven't had some fish for about 6 months and last pair succumbed to ich. I was feeding mainly pellets and some frozen shrimp but clearly that couldn't support them. If anyone has some recommendations or recipes for their own fish food, that would be appreciated. I do live in Australia so I am limited to what I can purchase. Just want to keep these ones happy, healthy and thriving. Any additional advice is valued as well.

Thanks
Anna

AquaCave Logo Banner

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a mixture of frozen and flake food. I buy the SW multi-pack which is pretty much just brine shrimp, plankton, "Marine Cuisine: (Mysis, brine spirulina) and "Emerald Entree" I dont have the package of what that exactly is.. various forms of vegetable matter for herbivores.

I defrost 2 cubes of each along with another 2 cubes of brine shrimp, and marine cuisine and add in a healthy tablespoon or so of flake food. I also add a 1/2 teaspoon of Benepets for the corals. I spot feed the corals directly once a week on water change day.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a half cube of either pe mysis or half cube of emerald entree or a similar amount of LRS reef frenzy. On lazy nights I feed reef nutrition pellets. I have 2 Wyoming white clowns, so smaller clowns, and a yellow watchman goby that's about similar length as clowns.

AlgaeBarn

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back