Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Cade plumbing has a manifold I'm trying to use to run my carbon reactor.
The coupling on the valve says 1/2" on it but apparently, it's really metric 20mm because when I go to the store, no 1/2" anything fits in it.
But I did find this yellow cpvc spigot adaptor that does fit. The reason is that the spigot end is slightly tapered.
So my question is, would the pvc cement allow for a good enough seal between the tapered spigot and female valve end? This is a pretty low pressure situation.
This pic is a dry-fit of what I'm talking about. Cade Sch 80 Valve --> CPVC adapter --> Threaded barb
Or do I need to spend another $20 to get a metric to standard adapter shipped from BRS.

1679751715302.png

Corals.com

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@d2mini thats got to be frustrating. If it’s an easy to get to spot, I’d try the pvc cement first and see if it leaks. If it doesnt look like it will hold or gives you too much anxiety then spend the $20+shipping

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends...on your definition of 'good enough'.

I'm sure it'll hold just fine with the correct cement/epoxy. You're right, very low pressure in our systems. Once you connect it, test it well (run it against shut valve and run it at highest flow for an hour/day).

Back to "good enough"....if it does leak are you ok with living with the fact you made a bad choice? More importantly do you share your place with someone who's negative opinion of your plumbing abilities could make your life a bit less joyful? And probably most important, did you tell anyone that's likely to shake their head at your DIY skills that you thought it would work? I've done shady stuff that didn't work out but I don't advertise it until the warranty expires so to speak.

I'm kidding mostly because I can see you have a lot of experience. It'll be fine, I'd go for it (still wouldn't speak of it ever again though ;) )

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends...on your definition of 'good enough'.

I'm sure it'll hold just fine with the correct cement/epoxy. You're right, very low pressure in our systems. Once you connect it, test it well (run it against shut valve and run it at highest flow for an hour/day).

Back to "good enough"....if it does leak are you ok with living with the fact you made a bad choice? More importantly do you share your place with someone who's negative opinion of your plumbing abilities could make your life a bit less joyful? And probably most important, did you tell anyone that's likely to shake their head at your DIY skills that you thought it would work? I've done shady stuff that didn't work out but I don't advertise it until the warranty expires so to speak.

I'm kidding mostly because I can see you have a lot of experience. It'll be fine, I'd go for it (still wouldn't speak of it ever again though ;) )
LOL, thank you both. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Really, my only reservation right now is that if it doesn't work out, i will most likely somehow have to replace the end of that valve. Or the whole valve. :rolleyes:

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back