Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 tanks 1 with a RedSea 50 (RedSea Max 100L) and 1 with 2 RedSea 90s (RedSea 260) both with the same setup other than I stagger the sunrise on the tank with the 90s as there are 2 lights. I have attached a photo of my current step up with max lighting being at 70% for a LPS/Softie tank (not sure if this is to much as I have never measured and went for a guess). My question is with the moonlight setup can I say have this running until midnight without any harmful effects. I am not looking to spawn coral or anything but I work until about 11pm every day and it’s nice to have the tanks have a slight glow rather than darkness. As long as it doesn’t promote algae growth or stress the corals I would do this for aesthetics only and no other benefit. This would be running moonlight at 10% for 5 hours

6CC5AFD3-7263-48BC-8A3F-0EAD81EEC263.png

World Wide Corals

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run moonlight from Radion for 6 hours after 'sunset'. No issues with coral stress on my softies/LPS that I've noticed. Done it for 3 years now. I do have some GHA, but I doubt it has anything to do with the moonlight since moonlight is weak, plus not the optimum spectrum for algae growth.

OP
OP
S

Stoatee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run moonlight from Radion for 6 hours after 'sunset'. No issues with coral stress on my softies/LPS that I've noticed. Done it for 3 years now. I do have some GHA, but I doubt it has anything to do with the moonlight since moonlight is weak, plus not the optimum spectrum for algae growth.
This is what I thought but just thought I would double check. Gives off a nice glow and can see the fish ect without upsetting anyone. Win win hopefully

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back