+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title is in jest.

I have two DaVinci clownfish named Salvatore (bigger one) and Mona (named them before I realized that the bigger one likely is female).

Salvatore gets triggered any time the turkey baster or my hand goes in the tank. She is persistent and constantly nibbles on me (feels pretty cool). Mona just sits back and isn’t aggressive.

I understand that Salvatore is just protecting her territory but I’m genuinely curious if she’ll settle down and get used to it. It’s been 4 months already!

Do clownfish ever get lovey or are they always on alert?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title is in jest.

I have two DaVinci clownfish named Salvatore (bigger one) and Mona (named them before I realized that the bigger one likely is female).

Salvatore gets triggered any time the turkey baster or my hand goes in the tank. She is persistent and constantly nibbles on me (feels pretty cool). Mona just sits back and isn’t aggressive.

I understand that Salvatore is just protecting her territory but I’m genuinely curious if she’ll settle down and get used to it. It’s been 4 months already!

Do clownfish ever get lovey or are they always on alert?
They really don’t stop, they’re protecting territory and if you have a breeding pair, possibly eggs (They tend to get worse when protecting eggs).
I stick to 1 Clownfish as a pair will wind up with 2 nipping. Generally Occelaris clowns don’t nip IME but the others will nip and percula can one up their own tank mates. My Occelaris x Percula will happily one up the tang I have as well as the foxface in my 4’x2’x2’ tank.

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Imagine if you were a dragon periodically going and rearranging houses in a village, asking yourself if the knights would ever stop stabbing you about it. That's roughly what's happening here, as far as the clownfish can tell.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine if you were a dragon periodically going and rearranging houses in a village, asking yourself if the knights would ever stop stabbing you about it. That's roughly what's happening here, as far as the clownfish can tell.

The turkey baster is the biggest trigger for my aggressive one.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

RC
Back