+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall,
i have a small Mandarin Dragonet, hes not super fat but hes from biota but still a picky eater.
I have a 45 gal cube and he dose survive off copods,
being said i Really want a leopard wrasse. or any other wrasse however Knowing that they eat pods will such an addition starve my dragonet?

Nutramar Foods

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey yall,
i have a small Mandarin Dragonet, hes not super fat but hes from biota but still a picky eater.
I have a 45 gal cube and he dose survive off copods,
being said i Really want a leopard wrasse. or any other wrasse however Knowing that they eat pods will such an addition starve my
It might outcompete it for food, if you don't have a steady supply of pods for your tank. Depending on the size of the system, you could look into culturing your own, which is fairly easy and extremely cost effective. Additionally, you can work on training your mandarin to accept other food sources as well before you add the wrasse. Best of luck, and happy reefing! I look forward to hearing about your success :)

Last edited:

drukkosz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont do it. 45g is already pretty small. Mandarins eat 12-16 hours a day (depends on your lightins schedule) that's a lots of pods. Plus I think leopard is too big for your tank - you didnt say if you have sand. They require it.

Focus on mandarin, if he is nice and fat consider getting another one. I love to keep fish in pairs. Check my build thread. nothing better then seeing fish spawning.

Nutramar Foods

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dont do it. 45g is already pretty small. Mandarins eat 12-16 hours a day (depends on your lightins schedule) that's a lots of pods. Plus I think leopard is too big for your tank - you didnt say if you have sand. They require it.

Focus on mandarin, if he is nice and fat consider getting another one. I love to keep fish in pairs. Check my build thread. nothing better then seeing fish spawning.

Clearly, I need to wear my glasses as I somehow completely missed the tank size. Duh. Agree 100%

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back