Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After buying a par meter with the intent of returning it after my 30 minutes of use, I had an idea about maybe passing it along through the community here if there is enough interest. I’m sure there are many people on here who could benefit from a par meter check.

I was thinking instead of paying the restocking fee, I could just sell it to the next person minus the restocking fee I would’ve paid. The goal here would be to continuously reduce the price by the $80 restocking fee as it goes person to person, making it more affordable or atleast somebody getting a great deal on it at some point. Obviously I can’t control when or if someone decides to keep it or flip it for more money at some point but it’s just an idea.

Any interest?

It’s an Apogee MQ 510 par meter that I purchased open box for $429 + $35.74 tax. So 464 - 80 = $384. The next buyer would pay $384 plus $10 flat rate USPS shipping

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Not woodyarmadillo

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice idea, but It will probably quit circulating after three or four people and someone will get a great deal on it.
Yeah I see that too, but that’s not really a problem. Option A is to send it back and get a refund -$90 or option B is to have someone else buy it from me for cheaper than they would have paid online, what the following people do is not really too much of a problem. Someone can flip it on eBay I guess and make some money or someone could eventually own a $100 par meter or something but atleast someone is getting something out of it I guess.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice idea, but It will probably quit circulating after three or four people and someone will get a great deal on it.
Yup. I rent locally only for that reason. I take the deposit at full price for the rental and subtract 25$ from the deposit every 7 days. With a 7 day minimum rental. When its returned and immediately tested, the deposit is returned to the customer.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back