Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Zoo Aquatics and LiveAquaria usually have it as well, but they're both also out at the moment. Odd that everyone is out. :/

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was planning on using it for nutrient export and to feed my tang. I have not heard anyone describe Ulva as being that invasive!

Not to derail your plans, but it can be somewhat so. Even if you keep it only in your sump, if it's growing well there eventually you will see it growing on surfaces in your tank, presumably via spores or microscopic fragments. If unconsumed it will start to look like a fuzzy crumpled lines of transparent green paper, if that makes sense. I have found it on pumps the most; I suspect this is because fish and inverts can't easily get to it here and eat it, which they can do elsewhere.

OP
OP
Wrasse-cal

Wrasse-cal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail your plans, but it can be somewhat so. Even if you keep it only in your sump, if it's growing well there eventually you will see it growing on surfaces in your tank, presumably via spores or microscopic fragments. If unconsumed it will start to look like a fuzzy crumpled lines of transparent green paper, if that makes sense. I have found it on pumps the most; I suspect this is because fish and inverts can't easily get to it here and eat it, which they can do elsewhere.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a shot, but thanks for the warning. I might be regretting this decision later...

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is possible but we don't hear about it often. With your plan to have a tang in the tank @Wrasse-cal, the tang should take care of any potential growth in the tank.

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back