White worms eating my Cyphastrea….

Stblindtiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found these two little white worms eating my Cyphastrea. See picture. The Cyphastrea has been in the tank for over a year and was just really starting to encrust the surrounding rock.

I used a pair of tweezers and I believe I removed those two worms, but where there is 1 or 2, there are most likely going to be more. Anyone know what these are, and how I can get rid of them???

IMG_8233.jpeg

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1yr? heck that thing should be double that size easily…I dunno if it was the worms but something is off
I don’t have that color, is that a “Bizaro”?

bump …

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found these two little white worms eating my Cyphastrea. See picture. The Cyphastrea has been in the tank for over a year and was just really starting to encrust the surrounding rock.

I used a pair of tweezers and I believe I removed those two worms, but where there is 1 or 2, there are most likely going to be more. Anyone know what these are, and how I can get rid of them???

IMG_8233.jpeg
By chance, do those worms have two little horns/antennae on their heads?

OP
OP
Stblindtiger

Stblindtiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No horns or antenna on the little worms. They haven’t been back since I took them off, and they seem to be recovering a bit now. It’s actually a Flame boi favia, not a cyphastrea. Sorry about that. Hopefully it’s okay….

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back