Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this white worm looking thing inside the mushroom corals stem. It doesn’t look like it’s moving inside but it’s the only one that has that inside of the stem. All my other mushrooms are clear and the babies too. This is the only one that displays a white worm looking thing inside the stem. Is it harmless or do I need to perform surgery? Lol it’s a kryptonite mushroom. H

61E94559-3E9A-41C2-A5B3-EE9768C7B404.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I noticed this white worm looking thing inside the mushroom corals stem. It doesn’t look like it’s moving inside but it’s the only one that has that inside of the stem. All my other mushrooms are clear and the babies too. This is the only one that displays a white worm looking thing inside the stem. Is it harmless or do I need to perform surgery? Lol it’s a kryptonite mushroom. H

View attachment 2966813
Looks like a Priapula or peanut work but quite an odd place for it as they do not bore into tissue and something I have not seen in 4 decades of doing this. There is a tube for vermetid worm next to its base but they too do not bore into fleah
Hmmmm

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Priapula or peanut work but quite an odd place for it as they do not bore into tissue and something I have not seen in 4 decades of doing this. There is a tube for vermetid worm next to its base but they too do not bore into fleah
Hmmmm
I know! It’s very strange! I have a lot of mushrooms; discosomas. I have few jawbreaks and regular discosomas; few babies. This is the ONLY one that has this inside the tissue. It’s super bizarre! I’m wanting to take an exacto knife to get it out.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s crZy is it’s not even just one. There’s a few in it
Hmmmm

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im thinking from video about 7 which peanut worm would do. There are small heads like a medusa but these guys are small

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this is just not a good view and the light is hitting it just right with it being stretched out to see the metatarsal filaments in the shroom.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this is just not a good view and the light is hitting it just right with it being stretched out to see the metatarsal filaments in the shroom.
I was thinking that but I have a lot of discosomas and not a single one has it except for two of them. Every angle, it looks like a worm. In person especially it is very noticeable in both. Its just so strange!

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking from video about 7 which peanut worm would do. There are small heads like a medusa but these guys are small
I think its a peanut worm as well. I did a little research and it says they can borrow themselves inside corals for protection and they are beneficial the coral in keeping it clean. The coral doesn't seemed stressed; its always opened. I will just keep an eye on it for now. Thanks for the help! I thought it was just super strange! I have never seen one inside a coral such as this.

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think its a peanut worm as well. I did a little research and it says they can borrow themselves inside corals for protection and they are beneficial the coral in keeping it clean. The coral doesn't seemed stressed; its always opened. I will just keep an eye on it for now. Thanks for the help! I thought it was just super strange! I have never seen one inside a coral such as this.
Yes they do- I just never seen them penetrate flesh like that

AS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back