Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m needing advice on my Bristletooth, does it have an issue or am I overreacting? Approx 12-13days ago I noticed on left side above the pectoral fin a discoloration round circle about the size of eraser on the end of a pencil and another a little smaller back by the rear tail both on the body. Depending on lighting sometimes it’s very hard to see and other times it’s easy. I then was also seconding guessing and not sure if I saw small white spots on one pectoral fin. I panicked pulled him out of DT and put him in QT with approx 2.5 Copper where he’s been for about 11-12 days now. He’s eating fantastic and acts completely normal. I still see the round circles when the lighting is right and don’t know if it’s anything to worry about. Please see the YouTube video link attached with any suggestions and if I have anything to worry about. Thanks.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I see the spots which are faint and can be as simple as stress spots especially if they come and go or bacterial which im not sold on. Assure its getting good diet with a variety of foods with fats and Omega 3. Some examples are LRS Herbivore diet, formula 2 frozen, small plankton and mysis shrimp

OP
OP
K

K9Fish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the spots which are faint and can be as simple as stress spots especially if they come and go or bacterial which im not sold on. Assure its getting good diet with a variety of foods with fats and Omega 3. Some examples are LRS Herbivore diet, formula 2 frozen, small plankton and mysis shrimp
Thanks. He does get a big variety everyday much of what you mentioned and then some. He’s a very big good eater and also is the Alpha in the DT and never slows down. Do you think I should continue the Copper or do any other meds? He’s a very nice fish and I‘m trying to do what’s best, Thanks again.

Top Shelf Aquatics

PeeperKeeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I lost my WTBTT last Christmas and I miss him so much! I see the spot behind the pec. I don’t have any advice for you. Glad you’re watching closely and were proactive.
I think mine had a parasite. His belly swelled but the rest of him looked emaciated. He was still eating up til his last day so I didn’t really catch it til his color started fading and it was too late.

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks. He does get a big variety everyday much of what you mentioned and then some. He’s a very big good eater and also is the Alpha in the DT and never slows down. Do you think I should continue the Copper or do any other meds? He’s a very nice fish and I‘m trying to do what’s best, Thanks again.
Go to 21 days and cease coppersafe
Return to tank and treat with ruby rally pro which is reef safe and will address any bacterial issues

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
K

K9Fish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to 21 days and cease coppersafe
Return to tank and treat with ruby rally pro which is reef safe and will address any bacterial issues

Above is updated video from this morning. Same spots same locations and it is still very dependent on lighting as how noticeable it is. My 21 days of copper will be up on the 16th. Would it be ok to treat with Ruby Rally Pro in my QT tank rather than DT? Also, any need for PraziPro while I’m in QT? One other piece of puzzle see pictures attached from early April of spots in the same exact location on right side. When it appeared sudden onset it looked like a wound possible from rock work. The current white discoloration on R side is in the exact same locations of what I’m calling wounds.

Any additional thoughts, ideas or treatment plan? Still eating great and not showing any other symptoms. All other fish in DT are completely fine.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1515.png
    IMG_1515.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1514.png
    IMG_1514.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1513.png
    IMG_1513.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1512.png
    IMG_1512.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Above is updated video from this morning. Same spots same locations and it is still very dependent on lighting as how noticeable it is. My 21 days of copper will be up on the 16th. Would it be ok to treat with Ruby Rally Pro in my QT tank rather than DT? Also, any need for PraziPro while I’m in QT? One other piece of puzzle see pictures attached from early April of spots in the same exact location on right side. When it appeared sudden onset it looked like a wound possible from rock work. The current white discoloration on R side is in the exact same locations of what I’m calling wounds.

Any additional thoughts, ideas or treatment plan? Still eating great and not showing any other symptoms. All other fish in DT are completely fine.

Thanks
This appears to be a result of bump or injury but you sure can utilize Ruby Rally as measure against any potential bacterial issue

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back