White flatworms or extremely large dinos?

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my BTAs has been acting ticked for the past couple weeks so since he was attached to the glass I easily removed him. From there I placed him in an isolation cup, but when i looked closer I saw all these little white things that looked like flat worms. I flushed the cup and think I got most of them but after looking at them closer, they spin like dinos did when I've seen them under a microscope, but just way larger. No other nems are acting weird, this one started acting off after they spawned. I have no idea what these little things actually are so any input or thoughts would be great.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One of my BTAs has been acting ticked for the past couple weeks so since he was attached to the glass I easily removed him. From there I placed him in an isolation cup, but when i looked closer I saw all these little white things that looked like flat worms. I flushed the cup and think I got most of them but after looking at them closer, they spin like dinos did when I've seen them under a microscope, but just way larger. No other nems are acting weird, this one started acting off after they spawned. I have no idea what these little things actually are so any input or thoughts would be great.

Looks like Rhabdocoela Flatworms. Typically removal can be accomplished by siphoning them with a 3/8" tubing into a nylon stocking and discard but it appears there are Many.
OR
Add a wrasse such as Yellow coris, 6 line, lunare or malanurus OR even a springieri damsel which will eat them

With the number you have, for the next 2 weeks you will have to look for eggs and scrape off as there is likely some and would be future worms. Eggs are really tiny

Avast
OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like Rhabdocoela Flatworms. Typically removal can be accomplished by siphoning them with a 3/8" tubing into a nylon stocking and discard but it appears there are Many.
OR
Add a wrasse such as Yellow coris, 6 line, lunare or malanurus OR even a springieri damsel which will eat them

With the number you have, for the next 2 weeks you will have to look for eggs and scrape off as there is likely some and would be future worms. Eggs are really tiny
I looked everywhere and can't find anymore. Only difference is the examples of Rhabdocoela Flatworms I saw, all are moving along the glass in a forward direction, but these are spinning in a similar fashion as I have seen dinos do under a microscope, as well as no anterior or posterior identifications. Some are just longer than others but they all seem to have a more platelet shape. You can see some spin that way in the video. I'll look tonight and tomorrow and see if anymore pop up on the anemone too

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back