Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on a well so my incoming water isn't treated, that's a plus. But my well pump is setup at 45psi so I need a booster pump. Which unit would you go with?

with one of these

or one of these

The saltwateraquarium unit would save some money but there isn't much detail about the pump on the page. I don't know if I'm keen on having a controller on it.... what if it goes out? I've used a BRS unit before and it was solid but haven't run a booster pump before.

Which would you go with and why??

Thank everyone!!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

mann1139

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the TDS from your well? My old house had a TDS over 1,300, which required an extra filtering setup to consistently produce 0 TDS water.

Luckily with a well you don't have to worry about chlorine, but there can be a lot of ugly stuff in there.

The actual hardware of the RO/DI doesn't matter that much. Its the filters installed inside that matter.

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on a well so my incoming water isn't treated, that's a plus. But my well pump is setup at 45psi so I need a booster pump. Which unit would you go with?

with one of these

or one of these

The saltwateraquarium unit would save some money but there isn't much detail about the pump on the page. I don't know if I'm keen on having a controller on it.... what if it goes out? I've used a BRS unit before and it was solid but haven't run a booster pump before.

Which would you go with and why??

Thank everyone!!!
I have the BRS 4 stage 100gpd and added a smart buddie booster pump which DRAMATICALLY increased my collection to waste ratio. I don’t have concrete numbers but increasing my psi from 40 to 80 probably tripled my collection rate!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

danielankeny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That RO buddie looks outstanding. I had not previously seen that on their site. I had only seen the regular pump kit which is meh. The RO buddie is cheaper with more features to boot.
I highly recommend it. Don’t see how it could be any easier to set up and use

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend it. Don’t see how it could be any easier to set up and use
Ordered up a 4 stage with the RO buddie. If I determine I need to add any stages I can do that but for now I'll see how the 4 works. I'm a ways of from having my tank up and running so I can dial it in if need be.

Great call on the RO buddie!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back