Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a ywg, royal gramma, and a skunk shrimp to my tank the other day and the shrimp is doing good, royal gramma is obvious hiding right now but I know where her cave is in my rock work so not too worried. The problem rises with my YWG. So I released on the right side of the tank and it swam instantly to the left side (55 gallon) and hid instantly, i saw it go behind the rocks and thought I knew where it was so I waited the rest of the day until today where I tried to feed, everyone ate except the YWG, I dont know where he is and I tried moving some rocks to maybe get a glimpse of him but to no prevail. Is this normal for them to hide this much, if I had to assume they are in the rocks instead of in between them on the sand? Is my sand maybe too big, please help I am a little nervous.

White rocks is left side's rock structure on the tank, purple rocks are the tank's right side of the tank rock structure, then last picture is just sand texture and how fine it is. It was caribsea aragonite ontop of pink bahama sand (super fine)

(middle rock is gsp lol)

if you have any prior experience with YWG please help me.
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg

Nutramar Foods

stephydawn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Yasha goby and candy cane shrimp January 24. I fished the goby out of the back of my Aio chamber 3 times the first couple of weeks but since I’ve never seen the shrimp out of the cave but hear it and can see it shining a light in the hole at night. I finally saw the Yasha goby a couple days again pop out of the hole for 1 second. They haven’t moved any sand around on the surface so far, just have a tiny entrance under the rock. I may try and place a rock to make an overhang a little over their cave, maybe they will venture more.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back