Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a quick cycle bacteria to cycle my tank. The nitrite is at 10 ppm and nitrite is at 1-3 ppm. Should I do a water change? It has been 5-6 days since I dosed it. How much of a water change should I do for the first one?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a quick cycle bacteria to cycle my tank. The nitrite is at 10 ppm and nitrite is at 1-3 ppm. Should I do a water change? It has been 5-6 days since I dosed it. How much of a water change should I do for the first one?
You have nitrite listed twice and Im sure you meant nitrate as one of them....usually the later? Don't worry too much about nitrite or low level nitrate.....ride it out! Ammonia is really more a concern that you can use water changes to keep it within a safe range. Fish in the tank already?

iHateReefs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to use turbo start? If so I would still wait at least 1 month and start off with putting cycled live rock inside the tank also.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
N

Naso

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have nitrite listed twice and Im sure you meant nitrate as one of them....usually the later? Don't worry too much about nitrite or low level nitrate.....ride it out! Ammonia is really more a concern that you can use water changes to keep it within a safe range. Fish in the tank already?
No fish in it yet, the Ik not sure if the cycle is finished.

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I used QuikCycl from brightwell. I have dry rock but live sand.
Did you already go thru the ammonia cycle? That's usually the order in which you see your biological go....First ammonia, then nitrite, then nitrate, and then hopefully everything goes away, but your nitrate will always be around unless you manage it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
N

Naso

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have nitrite listed twice and Im sure you meant nitrate as one of them....usually the later? Don't worry too much about nitrite or low level nitrate.....ride it out! Ammonia is really more a concern that you can use water changes to keep it within a safe range. Fish in the tank
Did you already go thru the ammonia cycle? That's usually the order in which you see your biological go....First ammonia, then nitrite, then nitrate, and then hopefully everything goes away, but your nitrate will always be around unless you manage it.
Yeah, the ammonia is still a little bit, but everything is up right now

Corals.com

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some bacteria’s don’t even include nitrite bacteria since it’s not all that harmful to fish.
Watch the ammonia levels to know when you’re safe to add some fish. Usually 10-14 days is good after adding bacteria.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back