Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can tell my attempt to dip my new foxface fish in methylene blue did not go as planned. I now just plopped him in the tank. He’s breathing heavy and is stressed. But on the plus side his color came back. I stained his fins. I overdosed it!:( I really tried to put a drop in and instead a lot more went in but he was only in the bath for a few seconds.
IMG_0131.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow,
MB best used for wounds or open cuts such as tang tail strikes and as a bath applied at 1m/l per gallon for about a half hour with air stone (a must). Im surprised no adverse effects

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow,
MB best used for wounds or open cuts such as tang tail strikes and as a bath applied at 1m/l per gallon for about a half hour with air stone (a must). Im surprised no adverse effects
I was going to I had an air stone ready before this happened. And I didn’t have any extra water made at the moment that was salt at least.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow,
I hope he’s okay. Time will tell. He’s scared and breathing heavy now. I would be too if I was a fish.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated :(
Okay so I added some Dr. Tim’s First Defense and he perked right up and his color changed and breathing is normal now! It happened immediately after I added it. Wow that stuff is amazing lol!

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted how foxface does over night .

perhaps a blue bath for new additions might be a good idea
As long as I don’t overdose it and that’s the plan.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a general disease precaution.

I hope it is doing better!

Dips really serve no purpose in stopping diseases. They do not kill/remove 100% of the pathogens, so all that happens is the parasite numbers are reduced, but when t he fish is returned to the tank, the disease starts up again.

I only use FW dips as a diagnostic tool, to then search the dip water with a microscope for dead flukes, or in a few cases, when flukes are suspected, I give the fish a dip to buy some time.

I never use methylene blue in dips, it is toxic at high concentrations, and its ability as an "oxygen donor" is based on its use internally in mammals for cyanide poisoning and methemoglobinemia. Extrapolating that to fish is a bit of a stretch.

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it is doing better!

Dips really serve no purpose in stopping diseases. They do not kill/remove 100% of the pathogens, so all that happens is the parasite numbers are reduced, but when t he fish is returned to the tank, the disease starts up again.

I only use FW dips as a diagnostic tool, to then search the dip water with a microscope for dead flukes, or in a few cases, when flukes are suspected, I give the fish a dip to buy some time.

I never use methylene blue in dips, it is toxic at high concentrations, and its ability as an "oxygen donor" is based on its use internally in mammals for cyanide poisoning and methemoglobinemia. Extrapolating that to fish is a bit of a stretch.

Jay
The fish is all good! He’s swimming out and about this morning and his color came back. He’s definitely still adjusting and chasing his reflection but is no longer breathing heavy. He is also a little skinny I noticed and I saw a spot on him so I’m going to treat him. Much easier when it isn’t a reef tank lol.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back