when should i add my first tester fish

demonsloth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a innovative marine 25 gallon lagoon 2 days ago and i just wanna know what where everything needs like my ammonia nitrite and nitrate, i added fritzyme turbo into my tank the day i set it up, and currently my ammonia is reading at 0.2 and my nitrite is a 0 and nitrate is about 7-10 as of today, where should they be at before i add a tester fish in? and what should i look for when i test my tank, i had a 55 gallon a couple months back and it only lasted 3 months before it crashing so im trying to take my time and do everything right.

IMG_1289.jpeg IMG_1287.jpeg

Dan_P

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a innovative marine 25 gallon lagoon 2 days ago and i just wanna know what where everything needs like my ammonia nitrite and nitrate, i added fritzyme turbo into my tank the day i set it up, and currently my ammonia is reading at 0.2 and my nitrite is a 0 and nitrate is about 7-10 as of today, where should they be at before i add a tester fish in? and what should i look for when i test my tank, i had a 55 gallon a couple months back and it only lasted 3 months before it crashing so im trying to take my time and do everything right.

How much ammonia did you add when you added the Fritzyme?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

21 to 30 days is the golden rule for adding your first fish.

You do not rush in this hobby.

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"tester" fish?. I usually add my first fish at 3-4 weeks after starting the tank.

Glowurm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use the word "tester" when talking about a living thing.

Having said that you appear to be cycled.

Which fish are you looking to add?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back