Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 5 months old (3ish months cycled), and is a 75g. I currently have 2 OC Clowns, a tiger goby, fire shrimp, pistol shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, lawnmower blenny and sailfin tang. I have seen a lot of different information online about adding refugium, and when to do it. I have seen some posts saying to wait a while, but Im not too sure on how long. I have lights on, which means I have a small algae outbreak. The blenny and tang take care of it for the most part, I dont have much algae on the rocks, but I do see some on the glass and sand a little. The goby takes care of most of the sand though. When would be a good time to get a refugium, and if I do get one, do I need to add pods? I have seen some information saying just to add the refugium, and some saying to add copepods to it. My concern with adding pods, is that eventually I want to get a wrasse, and wont the wrasse eat the pods? Any tips would be appreciated.
I have also seen some information saying not to add a refugium, but Im not sure if that is just a general recommendation or if it was referring to certain setups that you dont want a refugium? I have a tidal HOB filter with filter floss, 2 sponges, and matrix on the top for extra bacteria cultivation. No sump(no room for one) which means I would need to get some form of a HOB or hang in tank pod for the refugium. I dont know if this would be a good idea or not with my setup. Im only about 6 months in to this hobby so I am still learning a lot. First tank failed by adding vibrant to it(per BRStv recommendation) and it killed all my fish, so I am very wary of doing anything else without heavily researching it first

Last edited:
AS
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back