Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When buying corals online and you can't really see them for pest and other hitch hikers should I buy a small tank to place them in and then dip them then put them in my aquarium?

Last edited:
World Wide Corals

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When buying corals online and you can't relly see them for pest and other hitch hikers should I buy a small tank to place them in and then dip them then put them in my aquarium?
No matter where you get your Coral from you will always take a chance of this. Some people remove the Coral from the frag plug that it’s on and dip the coral and then glue it to a new frag plug or right into the tank sometimes after quarantining the Coral’s, sometimes not. What I do is I buy the corals from one place only usually And dip the coral and revive and sometimes I will brush it off with a old toothbrush and then rinse it again and then put it in my tank

Reef Psychology

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always QT fish and corals. I keep a 6-line wrasse, emerald crab, hermits and a springer damsel in a 14G tank with a skimmer, HOB filer, heater and a pair of Kessil lights for 2-3 months. Have never (knock on wood) had any pests make it into my main tanks. Can't tell you how great it feels.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back