Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is eating and swimming around fine but she looks BAD. There was a midas blenny that we had for a few weeks that we had to return because it would nip at her. The fish aggression could explain some of the missing fins.

Last month, she was in quarantine with copper, metroplex and kanaplex to treat the fin wounds and a foggy puffy eye (probably from a fight) for bacteria. Two weeks ago, she was looking fine again so we put her back into the main tank.

Now both her eyes are foggy and more fin is gone even though she only shares the tank with a much smaller clown (probably paired, they never fight) and two shrimp. The area around her pelvis is usually dark under the skin (almost bruised looking) but nowadays it looks even darker. Maybe the dark pelvis is just a trait of mostly white clownfish?

The pics and video I have attached have a lot of particles floating around because I cleaned the sandbed today

Params:
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
12 nitrate
1.024 salinity
77F temp

8 month old 44 gallon tank + 11 gallon sump
Fish and live rock, no corals
All other fish are healthy

IMG_9948.png IMG_9953.png IMG_9955.png

Attachments

• IMG_9962.MOV
    12.5 MB
Avast

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
She is eating and swimming around fine but she looks BAD. There was a midas blenny that we had for a few weeks that we had to return because it would nip at her. The fish aggression could explain some of the missing fins.

Last month, she was in quarantine with copper, metroplex and kanaplex to treat the fin wounds and a foggy puffy eye (probably from a fight) for bacteria. Two weeks ago, she was looking fine again so we put her back into the main tank.

Now both her eyes are foggy and more fin is gone even though she only shares the tank with a much smaller clown (probably paired, they never fight) and two shrimp. The area around her pelvis is usually dark under the skin (almost bruised looking) but nowadays it looks even darker. Maybe the dark pelvis is just a trait of mostly white clownfish?

The pics and video I have attached have a lot of particles floating around because I cleaned the sandbed today

Params:
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
12 nitrate
1.024 salinity
77F temp

8 month old 44 gallon tank + 11 gallon sump
Fish and live rock, no corals
All other fish are healthy

View attachment 3036800 View attachment 3036801 View attachment 3036802
Copper does not treat wounds or bacteria and fish has a heavy amount of mucus around its body but in lieu of brook, believe its secondary bacterial and will need to be treated again, but this time, stick with Kanaplex and treat with Kanaplex which is a broad spectrum antibiotic which address the eye and fin issue along with the excess slime. If the fish is breathing normal, give it a 5 minute freshwater dip in a clean container the same temperature as display tank.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back