+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am New In this Hobby and Trying to learn things and implement those into my tank.
Tank Dimension 90x50x45cm

I want to know what would be best height and placement of Prime HD on my reef Aquarium! I have 3 Prime Hd Right now.

I am Running a version of AB plus Something tweaked through BRS Suggestion.

Sunrise 10Am Sunset 9Pm Ramp Time 2hour

UV-60%
VIOLET-60%
ROYAL-105%
BLUE-105%
GREEN-14%
RED-14%
WHITE-14%

White Runs 7Hour then everything goes on its own.

PLEASE suggest how much distance should be there between 3 Fixtures and What would be Ideal Height.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sending you to Youtube being a jerk/smart aleck...but BRS jsut did some excellent series on lighting placement et for many different bulbs/ lighting types....they also did a good thing on color rendering et...
...waaay better delivery that plain text

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

The Prime 16 HD advertises a spread of 24 inches (about 61 cm) and a par of 100 at 24 inches deep. One would probably work on your tank, but you'll have slightly lower intensity at the longer dimension of the tank. If you use two, you'll probably see much higher par where the spread of the two lights meet, but you can adjust the intensity of the lights to compensate. Most people adjust the height of the lighting system to maximize spread in the tank without excessive light spilling into the room. You might start at 12 inches and adjust from there.

I would highly recommend you take @Doctorgori's advice and check out the BRS lighting videos. Those guys really break it down.

Reeffragger

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my T5s 8 inchs from the water surface.

20200511_182228.jpg

OP
OP
N

nanosquadreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sending you to Youtube being a jerk/smart aleck...but BRS jsut did some excellent series on lighting placement et for many different bulbs/ lighting types....they also did a good thing on color rendering et...
...waaay better delivery that plain text
Yes they did really well am following it. Seems it is working well.Just needed confirmation to make sure whatever i have done is not gonna hurt the corals up top.

OP
OP
N

nanosquadreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

The Prime 16 HD advertises a spread of 24 inches (about 61 cm) and a par of 100 at 24 inches deep. One would probably work on your tank, but you'll have slightly lower intensity at the longer dimension of the tank. If you use two, you'll probably see much higher par where the spread of the two lights meet, but you can adjust the intensity of the lights to compensate. Most people adjust the height of the lighting system to maximize spread in the tank without excessive light spilling into the room. You might start at 12 inches and adjust from there.

I would highly recommend you take @Doctorgori's advice and check out the BRS lighting videos. Those guys really break it down.
I have added third light to fix shading towards edges and middle. I probably have a hot spot in center. Need to do some adjustment to the light in middle.

Thanks for reply

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back