What was this in my GSP

TJ6404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this in my gsp still have the gsp and some eggs it looks like so I may have to get rid of that gsp and will be buying a new one but I will be dipping it this time cause my LFS said they quarantine so I guess it was missed by them and a mistake on my part just wondering if it’s something I should be worried about cause I bought all my other coral from them too.

IMG_0879.jpeg IMG_0878.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this in my gsp still have the gsp and some eggs it looks like so I may have to get rid of that gsp and will be buying a new one but I will be dipping it this time cause my LFS said they quarantine so I guess it was missed by them and a mistake on my part just wondering if it’s something I should be worried about cause I bought all my other coral from them too.

IMG_0879.jpeg IMG_0878.jpeg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The second pic you shared is of a bristleworm (polychaete) - while they're not usually pretty worms, they're generally helpful for keeping a tank clean (they eat uneaten food that falls to the bottom of the tank, eat things that die in the tank, etc.). You just don't want to handle them barehanded because of the bristles.

For the "eggs" in the first pic, my first thought would be sponge or tunicates (both of which are generally harmless), but pics of the "eggs" and coral in saltwater would be helpful (blobby things are hard to ID out of the water).

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back