What type of coral or what name is this coral ???

BlazerPR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know who knows the name of this coral cause is like a short short tentacle Goni but I’m trying to look her up and doesn’t show anywhere

IMG_5585.jpeg

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it might be a galaxea? Could you post a picture closer and under white lights

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Does look like neon green galaxea coral

encrustingacro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goniopora that's not doing so well

Does look like neon green galaxea coral
Looks like it might be a galaxea? Could you post a picture closer and under white lights
Not Galaxea; notice how the skeleton is cerioid, not plocoid/subphaceloid. The polyps are also on stalks, and the tentacles are all in a single cycle, not two or three like in Galaxea.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not Galaxea; notice how the skeleton is cerioid, not plocoid/subphaceloid. The polyps are also on stalks, and the tentacles are all in a single cycle, not two or three like in Galaxea.
Thank you! I thought I was going crazy :face-with-tears-of-joy:

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then my votes for neon green short tentacle gonio!

OP
OP
BlazerPR

BlazerPR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wait not doing so well you said? Omg what’s wrong with it?!!!! Please help all the tests on the water came good so what can it be does it need more light or less light?

OP
OP
BlazerPR

BlazerPR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all come out nice but I recently just dosed the tank ab + and I fed them yesterday mayb that’s why she’s not fully out but she is super picky tho some days she is out and about and other days she is like don’t even look at me

encrustingacro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait not doing so well you said? Omg what’s wrong with it?!!!! Please help all the tests on the water came good so what can it be does it need more light or less light?
It's a little closed up. Maybe it's just adjusting though; IDK.

RSNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For like a month but it was in a display tank at a store for years and we bought it after asking for her for a while lol
Yeah, I think what you have there is a Goni that’s adjusting to your tank. Sometimes it could take up to a month for a Coral to adjust to the new water chemistry of a tank. Typically, whenever I introduce gonis into my tank, it can take them up to a week and a half to even have the poly extend a little bit, about a month later, they become nearly bulletproof.

Just give it time and don’t fret too much about it, as long as it’s not beginning to melt, it should be fine in time

RSNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They all come out nice but I recently just dosed the tank ab + and I fed them yesterday mayb that’s why she’s not fully out but she is super picky tho some days she is out and about and other days she is like don’t even look at me
Maybe she thinks she’s an SPS, lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back