Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I don’t understand. I got this guy over a month ago. Had been GREAT! Good appetite. Good color. Never a sign of sickness. I don’t get it. Water parameters are great. Anyone see anything from these videos?

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

mmarro99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To their knowledge because its illegal but what the wholesaler doesnt know doesnt hurt the retailer or its customer and we sit here like what the heck happened when everything in the tank is top notch and the rest of the fish are perfectly fine and he wasnt being bullied what can it be. I worked at an extremely "reputable" wholesaler for a bit some time ago and management knew low key some fish were caught that way. Did anyone else know? NOPE!

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To their knowledge because its illegal but what the wholesaler doesnt know doesnt hurt the retailer or its customer and we sit here like what the heck happened when everything in the tank is top notch and the rest of the fish are perfectly fine and he wasnt being bullied what can it be. I worked at an extremely "reputable" wholesaler for a bit some time ago and management knew low key some fish were caught that way. Did anyone else know? NOPE!

Hm..............! Well. I don’t know what could have happened! Notice anything on the vids that looks like any kind of sickness or signs of parasites?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyanide would be low on my suspect list. What were you feeding it?
I was feeding him fresh cut peices of shrimp and squid from the local store here that gets that kind of stuff. He loved it. I’d feed him every 3 to 4 days or so. Approx 2 to 3 peices. Tried to feed him a few times over the past week and he wouldn’t eat, but I was able to see him well. He was breathing normally. Good color.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Bob Loblaw

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diet seems fine. In the second video at 11 seconds there is a small black mark a half inch or so before the gill. Could be nothing but possibly physical trauma resulting in an internal injury. Can't really tell you much if there weren't any symptoms or anything out of the ordinary other than it quit eating- which in itself is really not out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diet seems fine. In the second video at 11 seconds there is a small black mark a half inch or so before the gill. Could be nothing but possibly physical trauma resulting in an internal injury. Can't really tell you much if there weren't any symptoms or anything out of the ordinary other than it quit eating- which in itself is really not out of the ordinary.
That’s about my only thought as well. I don’t know where any physical trauma would have come from though. All my rock is anchored and his home was the largest piece at the bottom of the tank. The only other inhabitant at the moment is a clown and various clean up crew. I don’t understand. It’s so sudden though that physical trauma is the only thing I can think of. Like I said. Just hours before; he was fine.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back