Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, considering purchasing an RO/DI system. I have an aqua one aquareef, 300 litres with approx 40 litre sump. Is a 5 stage RO/DI system overkill? Would a 3 stage be alright? Looking something affordable and practical. Ideally one that can be hooked up when needed and packed away after, something compact. Is it cheaper to replace cartridges, are there systems in where you only replace the fillings? Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods

A Young reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, considering purchasing an RO/DI system. I have an aqua one aquareef, 300 litres with approx 40 litre sump. Is a 5 stage RO/DI system overkill? Would a 3 stage be alright? Looking something affordable and practical. Ideally one that can be hooked up when needed and packed away after, something compact. Is it cheaper to replace cartridges, are there systems in where tou only replace the fillings? Any advice appreciated.
3 stage units usually are missing the DI resin cartridge which will produce only RO water and you wouldn’t get 0 TDS out of it. If you want a small compact unit that can be packed check the aquatic life RO buddy, I have it for my reefer 250 and it is enough for my needs. however, with this you will need to replace the cartridges as a whole. If you go with a standard RODI unit like the BRS one you would be able to replace the fillings which is cheaper.

Nutramar Foods

Mark Goode

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would something like this work? It's by Glamorca, and while it's 5 stage, it's nice and compact. I'm pleased with it.

20220725_181256.jpg

OP
OP
KyleC

KyleC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would something like this work? It's by Glamorca, and while it's 5 stage, it's nice and compact. I'm pleased with it.

View attachment 3131243
That does looks nice and compact! Someone local reached out and offered to sell me their osmotic 5 stage rodi system (100gpd) for £60... seems a fair deal, not as nice as this but as long as I can pack it away after then it'll do the job.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does looks nice and compact! Someone local reached out and offered to sell me their osmotic 5 stage rodi system (100gpd) for £60... seems a fair deal, not as nice as this but as long as I can pack it away after then it'll do the job.
That's a great price on a 5 stage!!

trixter227

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to replace all filters/ro membrain and flush lines after!! Great deal!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back