What lighting do I choose for a coral reproduction aquarium?

Ecotech Marine

josr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

measurements of the aquarium length 160 cm, width 60 cm, height 34 cm.

Coral type probably mixed but mainly hard corals.

sorry for the tradition I'm using google translate.

The models that I would like to use are the following, but in the same way, if you recommend other models, I can consider them.

Radeon xr16 or xr30 blue gen6
Ati Straton
Philips coral care
Orphek Atlantik icon

1. What I am looking for is a reliable and long-lasting lamp that gives me the fewest problems of burned-out LEDs or burnt-out power sources or, in general, that all its hardware is reliable and, of course, that the brand's support is good in terms of guarantees.

2.He also looked for a lamp that would provide me with faster growth and better coloration.

3.I would also like to know if it is necessary to use bars in addition to the main lights and what types of bars and brands I can use if necessary, as well as reliable and durable bars.

4.I understand that the lights do not have to last a lifetime but I do not want to have to deal with unreliable lighting due to issues of difficulty in being able to replace it with a new one since in my country I have to bring them from the USA and I could have waiting times of a month approximately for that reason it has to be the most reliable lus possible.

thanks

Last edited:
World Wide Corals

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What coral are you thinking of growing? THe correct spectrum and intensity will not only vary by species as well as genotype/variety. Since replacing might be difficult you might consider getting a spare at the same time.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
J

josr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i forgot to put the type of coral probably mixed but mainly hard corals.
The problem is that if I buy spare parts like the pcb board for the LEDs and I have it stored for a long time because I don't need it and when I need it I discover that the part is defective and the warranty no longer covers the part.
or also if I buy an extra lamp and I have it saved for when someone damages me but after a while of having the lamp saved I need to use it and after a certain time it is damaged and I no longer have a guarantee that I would not like very much
I don't know if I make myself understood
I know that the subject of time is somewhat complicated

OP
OP
J

josr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because, for example, the Orphek Atlantik icon I like because of the power they have and the possibilities of updating are very interesting but I have seen that previous models of the brand have flaws so that makes me doubt the quality

ati I know that it is a good brand like Philips and radion

at first I thought of using radion because it is what they use the most like in world wide corals or tidal gardens

but I saw that in tidal gardens they also use Atlantik icon.

For this review I find the Orphek Atlantik icon very interesting.

https://www.danireef.com/2022/02/01/orphek-atlantik-icon-in-our-danireef-lab-power-and-control/

sculpin01

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say “coral reproduction aquarium”, do you mean for frag grow out or are you trying to spawn corals? For the former, pretty much any light will do, assuming appropriate PAR for your needs. For the latter, you may want something Apex controllable in order to simulate yearly light cycling.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back