What is your "Holy Grail" coral you wish you could get.

BRS

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like all of us in the hobby have that one particular coral we wish we could get our hands on, but maybe we can't get it due to the price of the coral, availability of the coral or maybe just not being compatible with our tank. Curious to hear what everyone's "holy grail" is!

AquaCave Logo Banner

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of them I just bought from a Hobbyist. A Blood Red Xenia. Three Heads for $15. The other I’m not telling you about, it’s advertised from a Hobbyist and we’ve been trying to set up a time I can come buy. I will tell you it’s branching and purple. BTW, I don’t get caught up in the so called “Designer,” Corals. I look for variety in the tank and overall color.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t call it holy grail so to speak but I would like to be brave enough to try some more expensive sps like jf jolt, homewrecker or walt disney. I am able to keep other sps but they normally are super slow growers except a few monti types. I would hate to spend the money then have them die on me.

fodsod

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My list is pretty long but my biggest sticking point is that I'm not knowledgeable enough at this point to feel I could keep any of them alive, colorful and thriving so I stick to looking at pictures of them.

Some of the multi colored acros (TSA Rainbow Fusion, TSA Bubbleyum) or Purple Monster jawbreaker mushroom are really cool but no way they'd stay alive or look the way they're supposed to in my tank long term (yet) :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: .

Nutramar Foods

yanetterer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of chalices that were featured on Reef Builders a few years ago. They were referred to as the Fruit Salad Chalice and the Rainbow Road Chalice. I'm pretty sure the only way I would get my hands on those is to know/blackmail the people who collected them.
1684763299900.png

1684763402447.png

Alexraptor

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooof, that's a tough question. I don't know in the singular sense, but I do have a fondness for "Floofy" SPS corals such as Pavona and Hydnophoras. Currently I'd love to get my hands on a sky blue hydnophora. I had a small frag that was one of my very first corals, but back then I couldn't meet its needs, and it eventually died.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get a purple monster acro. Never been able to find one for sale.
Oh, wow, just looked one up. Those are really nice looking. Never seen one of those before

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back