Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I need help identifying what is on my Astraea snails shell. As you can see there are these purple bumps and then this worm looking thing going in and out of it. Are they worms or a pest I need to remove. Please let me know and thank you in advance!

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

World Wide Corals

fort wenty

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under impression Vermetid snails can irritate corals? They throw out little strings to catch any floating particles. This string can irritate some corals, maybe not to a terrible extent. But I believe they are rather harmless, just keep the population in check.

KJ

Lone Wolf
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under impression Vermetid snails can irritate corals? They throw out little strings to catch any floating particles. This string can irritate some corals, maybe not to a terrible extent. But I believe they are rather harmless, just keep the population in check.
It depends on the size of the snail. Here is a pic of a large Vermetid snail spitting out her web for food.
images

OP
OP
LoriGrace

LoriGrace

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I will!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back