Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have had these Zoas for a few months for about a month or two and it was kind of my dive into coral. First couple weeks they were out and about seeing new heads popping up and then I sort of hit a wall. The nirvanas in the picture I have started to look very bad and I had not changed one thing in my water so I am unsure what it could be. There is ONE thing that I did new which was start reef roids and then I started to see this happen. Could be coincidence im not sure. Since then I have started uses RN oyster feast. My alk has been a battle it always wants to stay at 7 so maybe im dosing for it too lightly? I am unsure any advice would be HIGHLY appreciated. I want to also mention clove polyps SAME exact thing has happened started great lots of new growth then hit a wall I will attach a picture of that aswell.

Salinity - 1.024-1.025
Ammonia- 0
Nitrate - between 5-10 ppm
nitrite - so little to read
Alk - about 7.5 been working to get this up
ph - 8.0-8.3
Mag - 1400 ppm
Calc - around 380 ppm

IMG_1052.jpg IMG_1050.jpg IMG_1051.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
World Wide Corals
Top Shelf Aquatics

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a pretty good light and def good enough for your current corals. Youbsaid your feeding reef roids. Have you checked your phosphates? That can spike your phosphates especially if you dont have a fuge or ats.

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a pretty good light and def good enough for your current corals. Youbsaid your feeding reef roids. Have you checked your phosphates? That can spike your phosphates especially if you dont have a fuge or ats.
I have not checked phosphates actually I only used the reef roids a couple times because the coral clearly showed they did not like it.

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice ok. Eliminates that. What kind of fish u got?
Desjardini, two Perculas, Lemon peel angel, Emperor angel, Blue hippo tang, and a Purple tang. I have watched the angels very closely I've seen a nip but they never touched them again after that.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh baby your lemonpeel and probably your emporer are having at em. I know this because this guy is nasty coral munchin monger
I keep the lemonpeel very fat I have not seen any munches out of the coral nor do i see them ever near it. The Emperor is new but same thing havent seen him near them.

BRS

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya if you really like the fish then overfeeding is the only way to make them stop. My bicolor is a savage. I give him 2 sheets of nori and 2 feedings mixxed diet and he still munches. I like him alot so i tolerate it but def does not make corals happy

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back