Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
When it comes to reefing, there's always something new to discover right? Whether you're a seasoned vet or just starting out, saltwater reefing offers endless possibilities for conversation and learning. From sharing experiences about successful coral propagation techniques to discussing the latest advancements in aquarium technology, there is so much to talk about! So what about for you?

What gets your reefing motor running?

bigstock-Monochromatic-Abstract-Burning-360003286.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, just being able to talk to people about the hobby is always fun to me, whether it's veterans in the hobby or just some people I hang out with who know nothing about the hobby. It is always something fun to talk about with anyone.

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing as I seen in the early 90s . Fish with stunning colours and shapes it’s never left me . And then you go into coral colours when you look in a reef tank you see something different every time you view it

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system started mostly frags and will b 3 years in July. Watching it mature with all the ups and downs and now it’s just doing its thing. Feels good. Healthy system. Just have to put the work in but hands out and keep it simple / stable by daily monitor and observation. You get to know your system. You can’t tell the par w your eyes but you can see when something isn’t right. Any way. Enjoy the hobby. Therapy. Always willing to help or share.

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner
CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
HA! Good input thus far!

Lebowski_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing gets me more psyched up quite like a nice long conversation at the LFS with other hobbyists and owners.

My Saturday routine usually involves a slow morning, grab a coffee, look at the lawn that needs to get cut, ignore it, drive to a couple local shops and talk about reefs while the dandilions grow like corn stalks.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at my tanks, especially my 7+yr old mixed reef that has been thriving lately and knowing I did it all without any of the cool high tech gadgets like controllers, dosers, auto water changers etc. It gets me excited to see fat healthy fish and thriving nems and corals knowing I did it tho it didn't happen over night. Of course I never could have done it with out the information I've obtained here.

BRS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

DIYreefer

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking at my tanks, especially my 7+yr old mixed reef that has been thriving lately and knowing I did it all without any of the cool high tech gadgets like controllers, dosers, auto water changers etc. It gets me excited to see fat healthy fish and thriving nems and corals knowing I did it tho it didn't happen over night. Of course I never could have done it with out the information I've obtained here.

This one really hits home with me. We successfully kept thriving reef tanks before the advent of today's gadgetry and while all of the latest tech stuff may be fun for some, I still prefer sticking to my reefing roots. The only thing that us truly automated on my systems are the lights. And even the lights on one of my systems are predominantly old school, metal halides.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back