Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom's friend knows I have a reef thank, they sent my mom a picture of this fish to ask me what it was and tell me I should get one. its a cool looking fish, don't think I want one though. given the coloration I am guessing its probably venomous. Either way, I would like to know what it is.
image0.jpg

AS
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not venomous, but if she doesnt have a large supply, and a VERY large supply i mean, the odds that this fish starves are very high.
lol, they don't have reef tanks, They told me I should get one for my reef tank. I don't know where they saw it. I looked at it and said "that may be venemous and would definitely be a lot of work.... think I'm gonna pass XD"

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin goby or dragonette. Non-venomous. Needs a very established tank with a large/stable copepod population for it to eat.
actually I've had a problem with copepods... did they accidentally stumble across a good fish for my tank? XD jk, I do not want a fish that is going to need special attention beyond what I already do for the tank. just curious what it was

Corals.com

king aiptasia

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually I've had a problem with copepods... did they accidentally stumble across a good fish for my tank? XD jk, I do not want a fish that is going to need special attention beyond what I already do for the tank. just curious what it was
If you want a really cheap fish to survive saltwater aquariums well, get some black mollies

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a really cheap fish to survive saltwater aquariums well, get some black mollies
I was planning on getting a royal gramma, the last one I had did a pretty good job keeping the copepods under control... then I had an ich outbreak and the tank went fallow for 3 months and they flourished. as it is my new clowns just got into the DT from their QT today

CLICK TO VIEW

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is rather timely, maybe because I believe big brother is watching on our computers, but this video came across my news feed.....interesting:

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin dragonet . One of the most beautiful reef safe fish.
But without a established mature system it can be hard to keep fed .
They eat a lot !!
That being said introducing cultured pods to a established system can maintain and populate enough to supply more than enough food .

ADD3D435-2F21-42B0-8B90-A385D735FD87.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

king aiptasia

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on getting a royal gramma, the last one I had did a pretty good job keeping the copepods under control... then I had an ich outbreak and the tank went fallow for 3 months and they flourished. as it is my new clowns just got into the DT from their QT today
i hear they can bake good cookies, lol JK . sorry you had ich, quarantine quarantine quarantine

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hear they can bake good cookies, lol JK . sorry you had ich, quarantine quarantine quarantine
was that a royal "grandma" joke? Hey that reminds me, Queen Elizabeth must be a royal gramma lol.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learned this lesson the hard way unfortunately. lost a gramma, two clowns, a YTBD, a Tomini Tang, and a coral beauty... now everyone gets a QT and Dip before going anywhere near the tank.

OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin dragonet . One of the most beautiful reef safe fish.
But without a established mature system it can be hard to keep fed .
They eat a lot !!
That being said introducing cultured pods to a established system can maintain and populate enough to supply more than enough food .

View attachment 2053927
yeah. maybe when I have more time and get a bigger tank he'd be pretty cool. right now I'm in school so, fish that need more care than I can provide in a few hours a week isn't something I think I could realistically care for. I check on them every day, obviously feeding multiple times a day, and tank maintenance on the weekends, but beyond that isn't really in the cards. I wanna provide good homes for my fish, and so I tend to steer more towards fish that can have their needs met with the time I have.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back