Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think maybe this? Some one was saying in another thread that it looked like it.

bryan2.jpg

:D
Laurie

Nutramar Foods
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
AquaCave Logo Banner

bryan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I hope I can get old Little Rich out my head tonight! :)

Here's a few variations on a theme. All tooties, all in different stages of coloration. BTW, Tootie Fruity is not an "official" name. I have my two named morphs on Zoaid from a while back, and frankly, don't feel like submitting anymore as I watch what the names have done to things. So, if anyone has a better name, and wants to be official, go for it!

Here we go with the pics, enjoy! Pics with 10K 250 watt Ushio on an Icecap Electronic ballast.

1tf.jpg

2tf.jpg

3tf.jpg

4tf.jpg

greystreet41

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the 3rd pic morph. Really cool to see all the different color morphs from the same colony. I guess that means you have True tootie fruities, wanna be tootie fruities, tootie fruity IIs, and plain ole' zoas. *sarcasm*

was that a once very large colony that you broke out and shared or have they just grown a lot?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Hold me a frag of the last pic bro, and I think we should keep the name tooty fruity!!

AS

bryan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob Rev, consider it done.

Grey, thanks and actually they were all acquired last week...which is a bit why these truly interest me as they were collected in the Keys, and talking with the diver, from exactly the same depth...and only a few feet away from each other.
So, in my mind, there may something besides light and nutrients causing the same palys to be different colored in nature. I've had these various times over the years, and they all tend to go aqua blue, silvery, with some teal highights in my systems.....well, all except the last one as I hadn't seen that variation before. But even on that colony, there is the green starting to come in around the edge polyps.
What the diver may have forgot to add to his discussion with me, if whether or not some were on top of rocks, while others may have been on the sides or more shaded. Which would then take me back to light/nutrient being the determing factor.

Anyway you cut it, always fun guys!

Peace, Bryan

bryan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, thanks, you can bet if I knew where those were we would all have them :) In all my visits and snorkling adventures in the Keys over the years, I've never seen those. So, they are probably in that water which is over my head....and I prefer not to go there :)

Peace!

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AF
Back