What ATO do you use on a AIO Waterbox tank with black rear glass??

BRS

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’ve read several discussions on here about what to use for an ato on an aio setup that has dark rear panels since the laser sensors cannot sense through them. I’ve always used JBJ controllers with float valves but I guess no one sells them anymore anywhere and I ordered a cheap gravity fed system off Amazon for the meantime but I don’t wanna use gravity fed bottles forever since they are an eyesore. Can anyone help with what ato systems there are for aio setups that have a dark rear compartment?? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

World Wide Corals

dangles

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’ve read several discussions on here about what to use for an ato on an aio setup that has dark rear panels since the laser sensors cannot sense through them. I’ve always used JBJ controllers with float valves but I guess no one sells them anymore anywhere and I ordered a cheap gravity fed system off Amazon for the meantime but I don’t wanna use gravity fed bottles forever since they are an eyesore. Can anyone help with what ato systems there are for aio setups that have a dark rear compartment?? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
Hey. It’s not the cheapest option (by a long shot) but I’m using the Neptune ATK with my AIO. Works wonderfully.

bacc2bacc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Most people are using newer optical sensor ato system like the xp duetto, if you don’t want to go the sensor route, tunze nano ato works great and is pretty much a small built in float switch

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
MikeyD1182

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. It’s not the cheapest option (by a long shot) but I’m using the Neptune ATK with my AIO. Works wonderfully.
I was looking at Neptune systems and as great as they seem I don’t think I’m there yet to drop that kinda money on equipment.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze nano as said above.

I use these also, they do the job just fine...

Smart ato System, Aquarium Auto Top Off System, Fish Tank Sump Water Filler Refiller, Automatic ATO System for Aquarium with Pump,Water replenishment system, DIGITEN Smart ato System for fish tank https://a.co/d/6LvTorN

OP
OP
MikeyD1182

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people are using newer optical sensor ato system like the xp duetto, if you don’t want to go the sensor route, tunze nano ato works great and is pretty much a small built in float switch
I looked at those tunze nanos and have read a lot of horror stories in the review sections on several different sites on the pumps getting stuck in the on position and or dying often. Will the optical sensors work even if the glass is black and not clear?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
MikeyD1182

MikeyD1182

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your placing it in the AIO return chamber, shouldnt matter about glass color with most models. The prism sensors or float is usually being held by a magnet in the chamber.
That’s the part that im not understanding. Does the sensor go inside the chamber to where it’s physically in the water?

bacc2bacc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I looked at those tunze nanos and have read a lot of horror stories in the review sections on several different sites on the pumps getting stuck in the on position and or dying often. Will the optical sensors work even if the glass is black and not clear?
The optical sensor will be in your middle chamber, on the outside is a magnet so the black wall doesn’t affect the sensor in any way. I run a sensor ato on my nano and just clean off the sensor every 2 weeks when I do a water change and have never had any problems. The one I use actually has a fail safe memory on it, the first time it fills your water it’ll time it out and make memory of it. The next time or any time after if it fills one or 2 seconds more than the memory stored, it will automatically shut off the ato and require a restart. Just in case the ato gets stuck for whatever reason, it will automatically shut itself off. Pretty neat. It’s a FZone ato, cheapo from Amazon but works great and has great reviews…

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back