What are these white dots all over the bottom of my tank.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticing these white dots scattered all over the bottom of my tank. They just kinda appeared one day. At first I thought it was some loose debris but when I did a water change and used to hose to try vacuuming them up they are pretty stuck to the bottom of my tank. I hope they arent feather dusters.

1717302251006.png

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the white specs are perfectly circular or oval it could be snails laying eggs. My snails lay eggs everywhere. Easy to scape off the areas I want to keep clean. I leave some area unscraped for longer periods in hopes baby snails will appear one day.

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they little white spirals? If so, its a type of worm that always makes these spriral shells in new tanks. They seem to disappear after a while.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticing these white dots scattered all over the bottom of my tank. They just kinda appeared one day. At first I thought it was some loose debris but when I did a water change and used to hose to try vacuuming them up they are pretty stuck to the bottom of my tank. I hope they arent feather dusters.

1717302251006.png
Hard to tell, but could be spirorbid worms. Harmless filter feeders. Do they look like little curls?

OP
OP
disaster999

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they little white spirals? If so, its a type of worm that always makes these spriral shells in new tanks. They seem to disappear after a while.
If the white specs are perfectly circular or oval it could be snails laying eggs. My snails lay eggs everywhere. Easy to scape off the areas I want to keep clean. I leave some area unscraped for longer periods in hopes baby snails will appear one day.
Hard to tell, but could be spirorbid worms. Harmless filter feeders. Do they look like little curls?
not too curly at the moment. it does look kinda irregular. Ill keep monitoring it and see if they curl up in a few days

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back